Oak Hills Reduced IT Costs While Delivering Anytime, Anywhere Teaching
Oak Hills Local School District provided anytime, anywhere teaching and learning with Cisco Unified Computing System and Cisco Services for design and validation.
Download Case Study (PDF - 2.4 MB)
We've built a highly extensible infrastructure that will help us deliver the highest-quality education and achieve e-learning leadership-all while maximizing the value of taxpayer dollars.- Dave Kearns, Instructional Support Administrator, Oak Hills Local School District
Deliver anytime, anywhere teaching and learning despite district-wide budget reductions.
- Refresh aging systems
- Shrinking budget
- Enable use of more affordable thin clients
- Allow support for student-owned devices
- Improve access to information
A virtual desktop solution provided access to applications from any computer and support for student-owned devices.
Information is available anytime day or night, and from anywhere at school or at home.
- Students and teachers have 24x7 access to learning systems
- Support for e-learning offers
- Support for student-owned devices
- Ability to update desktops 98% faster
- 13-month payback, 3-year savings of $1.27 million
- Slashed desktop TCO by 67%