Arizona City Streamlines Data Center Operation to Improve Services
City of Mesa deploys next-generation Unified Computing System, increasing overall technical efficiency and reducing operating costs.
Download Case Study (PDF - 322 KB)
Cisco was fully committed to making this project a success. The team provided the necessary resources for success and the knowledge transfer and training gave our IT staff confidence in the UCS solution.- Alex Deshuk, Manager of Technology and Innovation, City of Mesa, AZ
Implement a multi-tenancy platform that supports a variety of technology requirements and growth.
- Steady rise in power and cooling costs
- Lack of consolidated, citywide IT environment
- Time-consuming new application deployment
A next generation data center platform that unites computing, network, storage access, and virtualization into a cohesive platform.
- Unified Computing System (UCS) that integrates a low-latency, lossless, 10 gigabit Fibre Channel over Ethernet unified network fabric with enterprise-class, Intel-based, x86- architecture
The ability to move quicker, perform faster, and cover diverse agency business and operational needs while reducing costs across the board.
- Allows for real-time, interdepartmental communications and well-informed decision making
- Consolidated technology resources
- Automated data center processes
- Reduced overall data center power, cooling, and maintenance costs and freed-up valuable data storage space