What Is the Opportunity?
What Are the Challenges?
• Allowing users to dynamically improve performance of an application at the time of its usage
• Implementing effective business models with application providers to embed the turbo boost capability into their services on an as-needed burst basis to ensure quality of the user experience
How Will This Impact My Business?
• Gains new revenues from users upgrading QoS on demand for applications of their choice. For example, an operator could offer a user playing a massively multiplayer online (MMO) game or watching a streaming high-definition video a bandwidth speed upgrade for the session. See Figure 1.
• Creates higher uptake rate for service upgrades when offered dynamically "in service"
• Exposes an API for OTT application providers, increasing operator's partnership revenue opportunities
Figure 1. On Demand Turbo Boost for Mobile Streaming Video
What Do I Need?
• Cisco® ASR 5000: Purpose-built mobile multimedia core platform that delivers the performance and intelligence required by today's mobile networks.
• Cisco In-line Services: Intelligent functions that are integrated into the Cisco ASR 5000 and implemented in the bearer traffic flow, eliminating the need for external lower-reliability network elements while simplifying the network through integrated functions and services. Turbo Boost utilizes several In-line Services functions such as Enhanced Charging Service, Application Detection and Control, Traffic Optimization, and Policy Enforcement.
• Cisco Mobility Unified Reporting: Solution providing comprehensive statistical analysis and trending information of all network attributes and subscriber sessions through tight integration with the deep packet inspection (DPI) capabilities of the Cisco ASR 5000. Helps operators optimize network performance, target new services, and plan infrastructure investments.
• Cisco Policy and Charging Control (PCC): Standards-based, highly scalable solution for operators to efficiently optimize network resources across subscribers and services while providing significant revenue opportunities by enabling the deployment of new personalized services. For the turbo boost service, the PCC solution enables users to choose to upgrade quality of service dynamically, or in the case of bundled capability, enables application providers to active it as network conditions dictate.
Get Started Today