Keeping your existing customers and attracting new ones is the lifeblood of any business. The expansion of the mobile Internet and mobile devices has made it easier than ever to connect with those customers. But connection without context is just noise. Today's customers demand content and services more closely tailored to their needs and preferences. That relevance is what turns a random communication into a valued message - and a sale.
Customers Are Key
• Through Next Generation Hotspot technology, Wi-Fi users are transparently authenticated onto the network.
• Once the customers are in the Wi-Fi network, their location, dwell time, and other context-based information can be captured in real time, so that providers can more fully understand what those customers want at that moment.
• Increase loyalty of existing customers, reduce the cost of acquiring new customers, and extend the relationship with current customers
• Deliver a more attractive experience for new customers by providing them with a personalized experience not available through competitors
• Increase point-of-sale opportunities by providing key information at critical decision points in the purchase process
• Reduce potential for "show-rooming" by co-opting the perceived online pricing advantage when the customer is still in the venue
• Increase customers' satisfaction by helping them make a decision more aligned with their needs
Service Provider Challenges
Platform for Service Innovation
• Using the Cisco Service Provider Wi-Fi (SP Wi-Fi) solution, part of our integrated small-cell architecture, Cisco helps service providers capture the Wi-Fi opportunity with solution for mass-market deployments. Cisco can offer providers a truly carrier-grade, end-to-end Wi-Fi infrastructure that is scalable enough to support exponential traffic growth from millions of users, is able to deliver a transparent mobility experience for the end user, and is built on open standards, so that service providers can count on it working with the network in place today, as well as the network of the future.
• Cisco Mobility Services Engine (MSE) uses Cisco access points to capture contextual information. The context includes indoor location, dwell time, and other environmental metrics. The captured contextual information is analyzed using base location services and advanced location services supported by the Mobility Services Engine. The resulting data can then be routed by Cisco Mobile Concierge to trigger the delivery of content and services through applications developed by Cisco and our growing ecosystem of third-party application developers.
• Through our APIs and the Cisco Mobile Concierge Software Development Kit (SDK) powered by Meridian, third-party applications are able to use the Cisco MSE-supplied context to deliver a wide range of mobile applications and services. The scope and types of services are limited only by the providers' imaginations.
Power of Analytics
• Determine the most trafficked location to help businesses better position products or services, or to price store or product location
• Work with venues and businesses to optimize traffic flow in periods of high use
• Help enterprises to staff service locations based on customer flows and time of day
• Evaluate the impact of floor plan adjustments and in-person operations
Powering Context-Rich Services and Applications
Cellular and Mobile Infrastructure
• Hotspot 2.0: This Cisco-developed standard allows mobile device users to automatically shift from 3G and 4G connectivity to Wi-Fi connectivity based on roaming credentials administered by service providers.
• Qualcomm: Qualcomm has introduced a smartphone chipset with embedded Cisco Mobile Services Advertisement Protocol.
• Cisco Wireless Controllers: Cisco Wireless Network Controllers support large and small wireless deployments.
• Cisco Prime™ Infrastructure: Cisco Prime Infrastructure provides complete wired and wireless network management from a single "pane of glass." It functions as the interface for the Cisco Mobility Services Engine.
• Cisco Mobility Services Engine: Cisco Mobility Services Engine captures the current state, or context, of all devices and access points on your Wi-Fi network.
• Location Services: Location services embedded in the Mobility Services Engine can capture, track, aggregate, and store all device data, including location, from your Wi-Fi network.
• Advanced Location Services: Advanced location services, powered by Cisco ThinkSmart, provide the tools to turn Mobility Services Engine location information into actionable content. Cisco Mobile Concierge acts as the command center for the Connected Mobile Experiences solution. It analyzes the data, uses northbound and southbound APIs to communicate to smartphones and applications, and then takes the resulting, context-aware content, services, and advertising and sends it back to the smartphone.
Mobile Services and Applications
• Cisco Mobile Concierge SDK Powered by Meridian: The development kit, part of the Mobility Services Engine advanced location services and powered by proven Meridian mapping technology, provides an easy-to-use approach to developing applications and services that use the Mobility Services Engine and provide content that is highly personalized for the individual and the context.
• Application Partner Ecosystem: This rapidly growing ecosystem provides access to applications and services developed by third parties for use with the Mobility Services Engine.
Cisco Advanced Services
For More Information