A Session Border Controller for Enterprises
The Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE) is Cisco's enterprise-focused session border controller (SBC), providing voice and video connectivity from the enterprise IP network to Service Provider SIP trunks. Using CUBE with SIP trunking, enterprises can lower costs, simplify their voice network and extend rich collaboration services.
Save, Simplify and Extend with Cisco Integrated Service Routers
Ease your network evolution to SIP trunking and beyond. (3:39 min)Watch Video
The Cisco Unified Border Element performs the four critical functions of an SBC: session control, security, interworking and demarcation.It is integrated into the Cisco router offering these benefits:
- Migration control: migrate to SIP in a way that makes sense for your business by controlling the pace and deployment strategy
- Choice of deployment: supports centralized, distributed or hybrid deployments often with minimal to no hardware investment
- Flexibility on a single platform: provides multiple services on the same platform, and leverages router features for improved network interworking.
- Investment protection: ability to repurpose network equipment assets as the voice network evolves.
Other important features:
- Solutions for smallest to largest locations: all businesses/locations benefit from SIP trunking
- Scalability & redundancy: scales to 16,000 sessions with box-to-box and in-box redundancy
- Complex media manipulation via digital signal processors
- Integration with Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unified Communications Manager Session Management Edition
- Proven Interoperability with 3rd party IP PBXs and service providers
- Market Leader in SIP Trunking
Infonetics names Cisco CUBE marketshare leader in session border control.
- Cisco UC Services Gateway API
Access signaling and media to build applications on CUBE and Cisco Gateways.
- SIP Trunking and High Availability
Techwise TV video explains high availability in centralized and distributed architectures.
SIP Trunking Cost Reduction Tool