A Session Border Controller for Enterprises
Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE) is an enterprise-focused session border controller (SBC), providing voice and video connectivity from the enterprise IP network to service provider SIP trunks. CUBE also provides services to help organizations solve problems and simplify networks. Using CUBE with SIP trunking, enterprises can lower costs, simplify voice networks, and extend collaboration services.
Video Data Sheet
Ease your network evolution to Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) trunking and beyond. (3:39 min)Watch Video
Extend Your Collaboration Reach
Support any-to-any collaboration with Cisco Collaboration Edge Architecture.Learn More
Features and Capabilities
Cisco Unified Border Element performs the four critical functions of an SBC: session control, security, interworking, and demarcation. It is integrated into a Cisco router to offer a number of benefits.
- Migration control: Migrate to SIP in a way that makes sense for your business by controlling the pace and deployment strategy.
- Choice of deployment: Support centralized, distributed, or hybrid deployments, often with minimal to no hardware investment.
- Flexibility on a single platform: Provide multiple services on the same platform, and use router features to improve network interworking.
- Investment protection: Repurpose network equipment assets as the voice network evolves.
In addition, CUBE helps organizations simplify their network and solve business problems. It can enable:
- Business-to business collaboration – better secure voice or video communications to partners, suppliers, and customers
- Simplified recording – improve compliance and customer service using CUBE's media forking or API capabilities to record voice or video calls
- Voice policy – better secure and optimize the network through policy-driven evaluation and control of calls
- Line-side capabilities – simplify support for teleworkers through remote phone proxy registration of select Cisco IP phones
Other important features include:
- Solutions for smallest to largest locations – all businesses and locations can benefit from SIP trunking
- Scalability and redundancy – scales to 16,000 sessions with box-to-box and in-box redundancy
- Complex media manipulation using digital signal processors
- Integration with Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Business Edition and Cisco Unified Communications Manager Session Management Edition
- Proven Interoperability with third-party IP PBXs and service providers
Market Leader in SIP Trunking
Infonetics names Cisco CUBE the marketshare leader in session border control.Read Blog
Build Apps on CUBE and TDM Gateways
Use Unified Communications Gateway API to access signaling and media for applications.Visit Developer Network
Reduce Costs with SIP Trunking
Estimate your communications costs savings with Cisco SIP Trunking solutions. (2:15 min)SIP Trunking Cost Reduction Tool