The Industrial Ethernet 3000 Series is a family of switches that provide a rugged, easy-to-use, highly secure infrastructure for harsh environments. It features:
- Industrial design and compliance
- Tools for easy deployment, management, and replacement
- Network security based on open standards
- Integration of IT and industrial automation networks
- New Power over Ethernet (POE) capability provides power to end devices in an industrial environment. Watch Video
Learn about the advanced features of the Cisco IE 3000 Series Switch. (6:08 min)
Learn how Power over Ethernet reduces total cost of ownership. (2:03 min)
The Cisco IE 3000 is an ideal product for industrial Ethernet applications, including factory automation, intelligent transportation systems (ITSs), and power utility substations.
They are specifically designed for harsh environmental conditions that exceed the specifications of most commercial switching products including IEEE 1613 and IEC 61850 compliance.
They can be configured and managed at the touch of a button using either an onboard GUI tool or the PC-based network assistant.
These switches help to ensure that only authorized users and traffic can access and traverse the network.
The series helps to ensure that the system will operate with other Ethernet-enabled devices and IP applications. It also facilitates integration between business office applications and industrial equipment.
- Announcing PROFINET Certification (PDF -800 KB)
The Cisco IE 3000 switches now have PROFINET v2 certification with conformance class B compliance.
- More Secure Communications
Cisco IE 3000 Series Switches deliver high security and better performance in harsh environments.
- Ethernet to the Factory Solution
This end-to-end solution improves control and flexibility on the factory floor.