Collaborate Anywhere Using Cisco Jabber for Android
Notice: Cisco Jabber Android's newest version (9.1.4) has been re-branded as Cisco Jabber Voice for Android 9.1.4. The re-brand distinguishes this version from our future, exciting Jabber releases coming up in just a few short months.
Place, receive, and manage calls over a Wi-Fi network using your Android mobile device and the Cisco Jabber for Android application. Run Cisco Jabber and Cisco Jabber IM for Android in the background to receive calls and instant messages but not interfere with other applications on your device. You can also stay connected on the go.
Place, receive, and manage calls over a Wi-Fi network using an Android device. (6:09 min)
Features and Capabilities
- Lower costs by placing and receiving calls over WLAN and Wi-Fi networks
- Use your business phone number for outgoing and incoming calls, hiding your personal phone number
- Move calls from a Wi-Fi to a cellular network and back, keeping calls live without disconnecting
- Move calls to your Cisco Unified IP Phone and back, so you can roam while continuing calls
- Receive alerts for, view, and listen to your office voice messages with a single tap
Collaborate while Mobile
The Cisco Jabber IM for Android application delivers cloud - or premises-based instant messaging (IM) to your Android mobile device. Together, the Cisco Jabber and Cisco Jabber IM applications for Android empower you to work efficiently from anywhere by bringing presence, IM, enterprise voice, visual voicemail, and corporate directory lookup to your Android mobile device.
With Cisco Jabber IM for Android, you can:
- Take immediate action from your contact list with features such as click to IM, click to call, click to email, and click to text
- Start or join an instant WebEx meeting from an IM chat to share documents and meet with additional participants
- Search for colleagues in your corporate directory
- Strengthen the security of your chats using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) or AES encryption, and by connecting your Android device directly to the Cisco IM infrastructure - Cisco Unified Presence& or Cisco WebEx Connect
Both applications work together so you can:
- Click to make a voice-over-IP call during a chat on the Cisco Jabber IM for Android application
- Send an IM to a contact in your Jabber for Android application
Cisco Jabber - Unifying Communications Across Platforms and Devices
Streamline communications and enhance productivity by integrating presence, instant messaging (IM), telephony, and audio, video, and web conferencing into a single client for your laptop or desktop.Watch Video