Industry's Most Widely Deployed Modular Access Platform
With more than 700,000 chassis deployed, Cisco Catalyst 4500E Series Switches are the foundation for Cisco Borderless Networks and the leading modular platform for campus access and price-performance distribution deployments.
See how Cisco Catalyst 4500E Switches help you build a secure, reliable campus network while lowering total cost of ownership (TCO). (3:00 min)
Cisco Catalyst 3000-X and 4500E Switches help you deploy and manage BYOD and collaboration. (3:29 min)
Power even more devices resiliently, and at a lower cost. (3:05 min)
Lower your total cost of ownership and improve your price-to-performance ratio with the Cisco Catalyst 4500 Series Switches. These switches are ideal for enterprise wiring closets and price-performance distribution deployments. They deliver high availability, performance, and security to the end user. And with forward and backward compatibility, you can deploy new innovations on this platform while protecting your existing investments.
Performance and Density
- Delivers up-to 1.6-Terabit of aggregate bandwidth with 500 Mpps performance with Virtual Switching System
- Is industry's only switch offering Cisco Universal Power Over Ethernet (UPOE) (60W port), PoE+ (30W ports), and PoE (15W ports)
- Scales up to 384 Gigabit copper ports, 200 Gigabit fiber ports, or 100 10-Gigabit ports in a non-VSS mode
Secure User Experience
- Cisco TrustSec with 802.1ae (MACsec) hop-by-hop encryption, 802.1x, and Security Group Tags (hardware-ready)
- Broad capabilities for voice and video deployments with Voice VLAN, Mediatrace, built-in traffic simulator, and more
- Anomaly and malware protection with Cisco Flexible NetFlow and Control Plane Policing
- Less planned downtime with In-Service Software Upgrade (ISSU)
- Network power resiliency for a wide range of devices including VDI terminals, IP turrets, and more with Cisco UPOE
- Hot-swappable, redundant components including supervisors, power supplies, and fans
Lower Total Cost of Ownership
- Simple creation of separate logical networks with Easy Virtual Network
- Industry-leading power management with Cisco EnergyWise
- Automated deployment, rich monitoring, and simplified troubleshooting with Cisco Catalyst SmartOperations
- Industry-leading investment protection with over 10 years of backward compatibility for line cards
- 3+ years of software lifecycle with extended maintenance releases
- Forward compatibility for new supervisors, enabling easy deployment of industry-leading innovations
- High Performance, New Services (PDF - 600 KB)
Miercom finds that Supervisor Engine 7L-E also provides deterministic low latency.
- Read Feedback from Cisco Switching Customers
Learn what customers in financial services, education, and telecommunications industries are saying about Cisco Catalyst 4500E Series Switches.
- Cisco Switch Guide (PDF - 1.2 MB)
Scalable, intelligent LAN switching for campus, branch, and data center networks of all sizes
Simplify BYOD and Collaboration
Cisco Catalyst 4500E Switches
Learn about the similarities and differences of the models within this product series.
Data Sheets and Literature
End-of-Life and End-of-Sale Notices