• Provides affordable high-bandwidth 802.11n wireless connectivity for demanding applications
• Easy to set up and manage by using the configuration wizard
• Single Point Setup simplifies the deployment of multiple wireless access points
• Safeguards business information with enhanced security, including advanced encryption, highly secure authentication, and rogue access point detection
• Attractive design with internal antennas offers flexible installation options
• Can connect to a Power over Ethernet (PoE) switch or injector, simplifying installation and eliminating the need for expensive additional wiring
In an increasingly mobile workplace, providing secure, high-speed wireless connectivity to employees and guests is more important than ever. The Cisco WAP121 Wireless-N Access Point with Single Point Setup is an easy, affordable way to improve the performance and reach of your small business network with advanced 802.11n wireless technology. This flexible solution is ideal for connecting up to 10 employees on a single access point. With Single Point Setup controllerless multi-access point deployment technology, the wireless LAN can scale up to four WAP121s to provide broader coverage and support additional users as business needs change.
Designed for today's performance-intensive applications, the Cisco WAP121 employs 802.11n wireless technology to deliver high throughput and extended range throughout your office. It features built-in quality-of-service (QoS) features that let you prioritize bandwidth-sensitive traffic, enabling the deployment of business-quality voice over IP (VoIP) and video applications.
The Cisco WAP121 is simple to set up and use, with intuitive wizard-based configuration to get you up and running in minutes. A sleek, compact design with flexible mounting options enables the access point to smoothly blend into any small business environment. Support for PoE makes the device easy to install without the need for separate power plugs or expensive new wiring.
To enhance reliability and safeguard sensitive business information, the Cisco WAP121 supports both Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) and Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA2), encoding all your wireless transmissions with powerful encryption. In addition, 802.1X RADIUS authentication helps keep unauthorized users out. For organizations that need to provide secure wireless access to employees, customers, and partners, it also provides support for separate virtual networks, with granular configuration options that let you provide the appropriate level of access for different users.
Single Point Setup provides a unique centralized method to administer and control wireless services across multiple access points. Via one access point on the LAN you have a single view of the whole WLAN to replicate configuration, security, and management across all access points.
With the Cisco WAP121, you can extend highly secure business-class wireless networking anywhere in the office, with the reliability and flexibility to meet changing business needs.
Figure 1 shows a typical configuration using this wireless access point. Figures 2 and 3 show the front and back, respectively, of the Cisco WAP121 Wireless-N Access Point with Single Point Setup.
Figure 1. Typical Configuration
Figure 2. Front Panel of the Cisco WAP121 Wireless-N Access Point with Single Point Setup
Figure 3. Back Panel of the Cisco WAP121 Wireless-N Access Point with Single Point Setup
• Highly secure, high-speed 802.11n wireless networking delivers enhanced throughput and extended range for bandwidth-intensive applications.
• Wizard-based setup and configuration enables fast, simple deployment.
• Single Point Setup controllerless multi-access point deployment and management technology makes configuration simple.
• Robust security, including WPA2, 802.1X with RADIUS secure authentication, and rogue access point detection, helps protect sensitive business information.
• Support for PoE enables easy installation without expensive additional wiring.
• Workgroup Bridge mode lets you expand your network by wirelessly connecting to a second Ethernet network.
• Elegant, compact design with internal antennas and versatile mounting kit enables installation on a ceiling, wall, or desktop.
• Intelligent QoS prioritizes network traffic to help keep critical network applications running at top performance.
• Power-saving sleep mode and port control features help maximize energy efficiency.
Up to 300 Mbps data rate (real-world throughput will vary)
Recommended user support
Up to 16 connected users, or 10 active users.
Web user interface
Built-in web user interface for easy browser-based configuration (HTTP/HTTPS)
Multi-Access Point Management
Single Point Setup
Maximum access points per cluster
Active clients per cluster
Web browser, Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) v3, Bonjour
Local, remote syslog, email alerts
Logging and packet capture
Web firmware upgrade
Firmware upgradable through web browser, imported/exported configuration file
Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
Single-band 2.4 GHz
Radio and modulation type
Single radio, orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM)
1 to 13 (depending on country)
Channels 1 through 11 (FCC)
Channels 1 through 13 (ETSI)
Wireless isolation between clients
Internal fixed PIFA antennas
Antenna gain in dBi
2 dBi each antenna
Transmitted output power
• 802.11b @ 11 Mbps: 17 dBm
• 802.11g @ 54 Mbps: 13 dBm
• 802.11n @ HT20HT40, MCS15: 13 dBm
• 802.11b: 11 Mbps @ -86 dBm
• 802.11g: 54 Mbps @ -71 dBm
• 802.11n: 300 Mbps @ -64 dBm
Wireless Distribution System (WDS)
Wireless VLAN map
Yes, with unscheduled automatic power save and voice profile
Access Point mode, WDS bridging, Workgroup Bridge mode
12V, 0.5A DC input, and IEEE802.3af compliant PoE
FCC class B, CE, IC, Wi-Fi
0° to 40°C (32° to 104°F)
-20° to 70°C (-4° to 158°F)
10% to 85% noncondensing
5% to 90% noncondensing
Mean time between failures (MTBF)
• Cisco WAP121 Wireless-N Access Point with Single Point Setup
• Ceiling/wall mounting kit
• User guide on CD-ROM
• Quick-start guide
• Ethernet network cable
• 12V, 0.5A power supply
• 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n wireless adapter with TCP/IP protocol installed per PC
• Switch/router with PoE support or PoE injector when used with PoE
• Web-based configuration: Java-enabled web browser
Table 2 gives ordering information for the Cisco WAP121 Wireless-N Access Point with Single Point Setup.
Table 2. Ordering Information
Cisco WAP121 Wireless-N Access Point with Single Point Setup (Australia, New Zealand)
Cisco WAP121 Wireless-N Access Point with Single Point Setup (Canada)
Cisco WAP121 Wireless-N Access Point with Single Point Setup (U.S., Latin America)
Cisco WAP121 Wireless-N Access Point with Single Point Setup (Argentina)
Cisco WAP121 Wireless-N Access Point with Single Point Setup (China)
Cisco WAP121 Wireless-N Access Point with Single Point Setup (Europe, Asia)
Cisco Small Business Gigabit Power over Ethernet Injector
Cisco Limited Lifetime Warranty for Cisco Small Business Series Products
This Cisco Small Business product comes with a limited lifetime hardware warranty for complete peace of mind. Product warranty terms and other information applicable to Cisco products are available at www.cisco.com/go/warranty.
Cisco Small Business Support Service
This optional service offers affordable, 3-year peace-of-mind coverage. This subscription-based, device-level service helps you protect your investment and derive maximum value from Cisco Small Business products. Delivered by Cisco and backed by your trusted partner, this comprehensive service includes software updates, extended access to the Cisco Small Business Support Center, and expedited hardware replacement, should it be required.