Cisco® Unified Communications Solutions enable collaboration so that organizations can quickly adapt to market changes while increasing productivity; improving competitive advantage through speed and innovation; and delivering a rich-media experience across any workspace, securely and with optimal quality.
Figure 1. Cisco Unified IP Phone 6911
The Cisco Unified IP Phone 6911 is a single-line endpoint delivering affordable access to Cisco voice communication services. It is an ideal solution for light communication requirements. Examples include classrooms, manufacturing floors, or employees in cubicles or teleworking from home.
The Cisco Unified IP Phone 6911 supports two incoming calls with a single-line endpoint. A full-duplex speakerphone is included in the design, which provides a more productive, flexible, and easier-to-use endpoint experience. Integrated IEEE 10/100 Ethernet switch ports support connection to a co-located PC while reducing cabling infrastructure and administration costs.
The Cisco Unified IP Phone 6911 includes fixed keys for hold, transfer, conference, redial, and voicemail, making the phone simple and easy-to-use. In addition, a programmable feature key is supported for quick access to advanced communication services. Tri-color LED illuminates on the line key to provide quick call-state indication at a glance.
The Cisco Unified IP Phone 6911 offers personalization, with the choice of two colors (charcoal and arctic white) and two handset style options (slimline and standard).
The Cisco Unified IP Phone 6911 is also eco-friendly, taking advantage of reground and recyclable plastics to deliver a more earth-responsible solution.
Features and Benefits
Table 1 lists features and benefits of the Cisco Unified IP Phone 6911.
Table 1. Features and Benefits of Cisco Unified IP Phone 6901
• The phone offers an easy-to-use and intuitive arrangement of lines, keys, and calls.
• Hold, Transfer, Conference, Voice Mail Access, and Redial on fixed hard keys provide a traditional telephony-like user experience.
• Choice of two colors: Arctic White or Charcoal. Handsets are available internationally as slimline or standard. You can mix and match them in the work environment to better meet employee preferences.
Desk and wall mountable
• A two-position footstand makes it easy to view and use the buttons and keys.
• The phone can be wall-mounted with wall-mounting holes located on its rear housing.
• You can include your logo on Cisco Unified IP Phone 6900 Series endpoints. Cisco has approved third-party vendors to produce the labels.
• An internal 2-port Cisco Ethernet switch allows for a direct connection to an IEEE 10/100BASE-T Ethernet network through an RJ-45 interface with single LAN connectivity for both the phone and a co-located PC. The system administrator can designate separate VLANs (802.1Q) for the PC and phone, providing improved security and reliability of voice and data traffic.
• The following audio-compression codecs are supported: encode G.711a, G.711u, G.729a, G.729ab and iLBC, decode G.711a, G.711u, G.729, G.729a, G.729ab and iLBC.
• Comfort-noise generation and voice-activity-detection (VAD) programming is supported on a system basis.
• You can place and receive calls through the back-lit speaker button.
• The phone offers mute and un-mute functions through the back-lit Mute key.
• A volume-control toggle makes it easy to adjust the volume of the handset, monitor speaker, and ringer.
• Skinny Client Control Protocol (SCCP) and Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
Phone firmware requirement
• Supported on Version 9.0(2) and later
• The phones are supported on Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition Versions 7.1.3 and later, as well as Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express 8.0 and later.
• Adjustable ringing and volume levels
• Call forward
• Call pickup
• Call waiting
• Group call pickup
• Message-waiting indicator
• Meet-me conference
• Music on hold
• Shared line
• Voicemail (single button access)
• Image authentication
• Device authentication
• File authentication
• Signaling authentication
• Media encryption using Secure Real-Time Transfer Protocol (SRTP)
• Signaling encryption using Transport Layer Security (TLS) Protocol
• Encrypted configuration files
Cryptography is not enabled by default and may only be enabled through a cryptographically enabled CUCM.
• Cisco Discovery Protocol and Link Layer Discovery Protocol for Media Endpoint Devices (LLDP-MED)
• Static network parameters provisioned through Embedded interactive-voice-response (IVR) system
• Embedded web server that provides configuration and statistics
• Quality-of-service (QoS) reporting: Jitter, delay, dropped packets, and latency on a per-call basis
• Real-Time Control Protocol (RTCP) support and monitoring
Phone licensing is dependent on the call-control platform and its policies. For Cisco Unified Communications Manager Version 7.1(3) and 7.1(4), the Cisco Unified IP Phone 6911 requests two device license units (DLUs); for Cisco Unified Communications Manager Version 7.1(5) and later, the User Connect Licensing (UCL) fee for basic phones will be applied to the Cisco Unified IP Phone 6911. There are no special license-plus-phone bundles for tier 2 distributors.
The phone is not supported on third-party call-control systems.
Table 2 lists the specifications for the Cisco Unified IP Phone 6911, and Table 3 lists its certifications.
Table 2. Product Specifications
Physical dimensions (H x W x D)
• 8.1 x 7.4 x 1.5 in. (205 x 188 x 38.2 mm)
• Charcoal: Standard: 32.3 oz (917g ); slimline: 31.1 oz (883g)
• Arctic white: Standard: 34.6 oz (981.3g); slimline: 33.5 oz (948.3g)
• IEEE Power over Ethernet 802.3af supported, Class 1
• Maximum power consumption: 3.29 watts
• Considering Ethernet cable loss and 10% buffer, Cisco Discovery Protocol value setting: 3.71 watts
• 48 VDC required; it can be supplied locally at the desktop using an optional AC-to-DC power supply (part number CP-PWR-CUBE-3=) or power injector (CP-PWR-INJ=); local power options require a corresponding AC country cord (refer to Table 6 later in this document).
• Only English supported in the embedded IVR system
• Support for following languages for documentation: Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (People's Republic of China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English-plus localized prompts for the United Kingdom, Estonian, French, Finnish, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Spanish (Spain), Slovak, Swedish, Serbian (Republic of Serbia and Republic of Montenegro), Slovenian, Thai, and Turkish
• 10/100 wired Ethernet network port plus switched PC port
Cisco Unified IP Phone 6911, Charcoal, Standard Handset
Cisco Unified IP Phone 6911, Charcoal, Slimline Handset
Cisco Unified IP Phone 6911, White, Standard Handset
Cisco Unified IP Phone 6911, White, Slimline Handset
Note: All Cisco Unified IP Phones require the purchase of a phone technology license, regardless of call protocol being used.
Table 5. Ordering Information - Spare and Optional Accessories
Spare Handset for 6900 Series IP Phones, White, Slimline
Spare Handset for 6900 Series IP Phones, Charcoal, Slimline
Spare Handset for 6900 Series IP Phones, White, Standard
Spare Handset for 6900 Series IP Phones, Charcoal, Standard
Spare Handset Cord, White
Spare Handset Cord, Charcoal
Spare Footstand for 6911 IP Phone, White
Spare Footstand for 6911 IP Phone, Charcoal
Locking Wallmount Kit for 6900 Series, White
Locking Wallmount Kit for 6900 Series, Charcoal
Table 6. Local Power Options: Cube and Regional Cords
Local power adapter for sites where PoE is not available; refer to following items in this table to select the correct regional power cord. CP-PWR-CUBE-3= is compatible with and can replace CP-PWR-CUBE-2=.
Cisco Unified Communications Services and Support
Using the Cisco Lifecycle Services approach, Cisco and our partners offer a broad portfolio of end-to-end services to support the Cisco Unified Communications System. These services are based on proven methodologies for deploying, operating, and optimizing IP communications solutions. Initial planning and design services, for example, can help you meet aggressive deployment schedules and minimize network disruption during implementation. Operate services reduce the risk of communications downtime with expert technical support, and optimize services enhance solution performance for operational excellence. Cisco and our partners offer a system-level service and support approach that can help you create and maintain a resilient, converged network that meets your business needs.