Increasingly, business applications and services affect aggregation requirements and router-integrated services across the Wide-Area and metropolitan-area network (WAN and MAN)-at both, the branch office and headquarter.
Consequently, to continue to meet the increasing needs of flexibility, capacity, and performance and to maintain exceptional value and flexibility, Cisco Systems® introduces the Cisco® 7200VXR Series Port Adapter Jacket Card (Figure 1 and Table 1).
Figure 1. Cisco 7200VXR Series Port Adapter Jacket Card
Table 1. Features of Cisco 7200VXR Series Port Adapter Jacket Card
Additional Port and Slot Density
Increases the chassis by 1 slot for single (selected) port/service adapter
Dedicated Peripheral-Component-Interconnect (PCI) Bus
Allows a high-bandwidth port adapter to be moved into the I/O slot, saving up to 3 port adapter slots
High-Bandwidth Point Port and Service Adapter Support
In combination with NPE-G1 and NPE-G2:
• Cisco VPN Acceleration Module 2: SA-VAM2 (in combination with Cisco 7200VXR NPE-G1 Network Processing Engine only)
• Cisco 1-Port Packet over SONET OC-3c/STM-1 Port Adapter : PA-POS-2OC3
• Cisco 1-Port Multichannel STM-1 Multimode Port Adapter: PA-MC-STM-1MM
• Cisco 1-Port Multichannel STM-1 Single-Mode Port Adapter : PA-MC-STM-1SMI
• Cisco 2-Port Multichannel T3 Port Adapter: PA-MC-2T3+
• Cisco 1-Port Enhanced Port Adapter Series : PA-A3-T3, PA-A3-E3, PA-A3-OC3MM, PA-A3-OC3SMI, PA-A3-OC3SML, PA-A6-T3, PA-A6-E3, PA-A6-OC3MM, PA-A6-OC3SMI, PA-A6-OC3SML
• "Pwr" LED: Indicates whether the jacket card is powered up
• "Enabled" LED: Indicates whether the jacket card is discovered by the system and its readiness
The Cisco 7200VXR Series Port Adapter Jacket Card addresses the demand on the Cisco 7200VXR Series for additional slot density and flexibility by enabling the I/O slot to hold a single port or service adapter for additional capacity on Cisco 7200VXR systems with the Cisco NPE-G1 and NPE-G2.
The Cisco 7200 VXR Series Port Adapter Jacket Card offers the following:
• Provides one additional slot for single port or service adapter (selected adapters; refer to Table 1 for details)
• Allows a high-bandwidth port adapter-such as the Cisco VPN Acceleration Module 2+ and Cisco 1-Port Packet over SONET OC-3c/STM-1 Port Adapter [part numbers SA-VAM2+ and PA-POS-2OC3]-to be moved onto a dedicated PCI bus that Cisco NPE-G1 and NPE-G2 provide
• Reduces PCI contention among other port adapters
• Provides a cost-effective way to increase the slot density in parallel to the increased switching capacity of the newest platform engine-the Cisco NPE-G2
The Cisco 7200VXR Series Port Adapter Jacket Card is available and supported as of:
• Cisco IOS® Software Special Release 12.4(4)XD and 12.2(31)SB with the Cisco NPE-G2
• Cisco IOS Software Release 12.4(6)T1 and 12.4(7) Mainline and 12.2(28)SB and newer subsequent Cisco IOS Software releases with the Cisco NPE-G1
• Enhanced ATM port adapters are supported in Cisco IOS Software Release 12.4(15)T1 and 12.2(31)SB8 and newer subsequent Cisco IOS Software releases with the Cisco NPE-G1 and Cisco NPE-G2
Table 2 gives ordering information for the Cisco 7200VXR Series Port Adapter Jacket Card.
Table 2. Ordering Information for Cisco 7200VXR Series Port Adapter Jacket Card
Cisco 7200VXR Series Port Adapter Jacket Card
Cisco 7200VXR Series Port Adapter Jacket Card, spare
For More Information
For more information about the Cisco 7200VXR Series Port Adapter Jacket Card, visit http://www.cisco.com/go/7200 or contact your local Cisco account representative.