Cisco ASA Documentation by Release
This section lists the ASA series documentation by release. This section includes the CLI and GUI documentation for each version.
Note: ASDM 6.0 and later supports many ASA versions. We include the ASDM documentation with the ASA version when that version of ASDM was introduced; for example 8.4/6.4, 8.3/6.3, and so on. The ASDM documentation and online help includes all of the latest features supported by the ASA. If you are running an older version of ASA software, the documentation might include features that are not supported in your version. Similarly, if a feature was added into a maintenance release for an older ASA version, then the ASDM documentation includes the new feature even though that feature might not be available in all later ASA releases. Please refer to the feature history table for each configuration guide chapter to determine when features were added. For the minimum supported version of ASDM for each ASA version, see Cisco ASA Compatibility.
ASA Version 9.2/ASDM Version 7.2
Note: The ASA 5510, ASA 5520, ASA 5540, ASA 5550, and ASA 5580 are not supported in this release or later. ASA Version 9.1 was the final release for these models.
- ASA Release Notes — Release Notes for the Cisco ASA Series, 9.2(x)
- ASDM Release Notes — Release Notes for Cisco ASDM, 7.2(x)
– General Operations CLI Configuration — Cisco ASA Series General Operations CLI Configuration Guide, 9.2
– Firewall CLI Configuration — Cisco ASA Series Firewall CLI Configuration Guide, 9.2
– VPN CLI Configuration — Cisco ASA Series VPN CLI Configuration Guide, 9.2
– General Operations ASDM Configuration — Cisco ASA Series General Operations ASDM Configuration Guide, 7.2
– Firewall ASDM Configuration — Cisco ASA Series Firewall ASDM Configuration Guide, 7.2
– VPN ASDM Configuration — Cisco ASA Series VPN ASDM Configuration Guide, 7.2