Secure Mobile Device Access
Provide IT controls to ensure access and data security while enabling end user device options.
Secure Mobile Device Access
Unified Access and Bring Your Own Device
July 11, 2014
Strengthen BYOD Security
Cisco Unified Access architecture helps ensure security and prevent data loss.
The Cisco Validated Design guide presented here covers the Cisco Unified Access foundation network and then discusses how customers can deploy BYOD initiatives to insure the right IT visibility and policies.
Improve Your Policy Integration
The Cisco BYOD Smart Solution Design Guide has been updated to provide lab-validated best practices including:
- Integrating the Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) with industry-leading Mobile Device Management (MDM) platforms for more comprehensive on-boarding experience, device policy, and security
- Incorporating Cisco's Converged Access products (Catalyst 3850) into the BYOD design
- Providing more scalable policy enforcement with Cisco TrustSec Secure Group Access (SGA) technology
- Improving the mobile experience with Cisco Application Visibility and Control (AVC) on the enterprise WiFi
Cisco BYOD reference design builds on borderless network design best practices for wired, wireless, and secure mobility in campus, branch office, internet edge, and home office environments. Cisco BYOD architecture integrates critical components that allow secure, easy access to the network for any device and centralized enforcement of company usage policies.
The Cisco BYOD solution helps IT organizations address the following challenges:
- Providing device choice and support
- Maintaining secure access to the corporate network
- Adding new devices
- Enforcing company usage policies
- Visibility of devices on the network
- Protecting data and preventing loss
- Revoking access
- Circumventing new attack vectors
- Ensuring wireless LAN performance and reliability
- Managing the increase in connected devices
- Cisco Mobile Workspace Solution with Citrix (CVD)
- Managing Bonjour Services for Enterprise Mobility
- Integrating Cisco Mobile Collaboration Management Service with Cisco Identity Services Engine
- Cisco Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Release 2.5 - FIPS Certification Status (PDF - 310 KB)
- Cisco Enterprise Mobility At-A-Glance: (PDF - 207 KB)
- Cisco Mobile Workspace Solution with Citrix-Solution Brief: (PDF - 207 KB)
- Cisco Mobile Workspace Solution with Citrix-White Paper: (PDF - 2.24 MB)
- Cisco Enterprise Mobility Solution
- Cisco Enterprise Mobility Solution At-a-Glance (PDF - 405 KB)
- BYOD Smart Solutions: Suggested RFP Questions (PDF - 225 KB)
Log in to access tools and resources specifically designed for Channel Partners who want to get the most out of the Cisco Bring Your Own Device(BYOD)Smart Solution.