Secure Mobile Device Access
Provide IT controls to ensure access and data security while enabling end user device options.
Secure Mobile Device Access
Bring Your Own Device
August 7, 2013
Strengthen BYOD Security
Cisco bring-your-own-device architecture helps ensure security and prevent data loss.
The Cisco Validated Design guide presented here is the foundation of the Cisco BYOD Smart Solution. It provides a comprehensive approach to effectively design, manage, and control the access of a BYOD network. Cisco offers a comprehensive architecture to solve challenges, giving end users the freedom to bring their chosen device to work while still affording IT the controls to help ensure security and prevent data loss.
Improve Your Policy Integration
The Cisco BYOD Smart Solution Design Guide has been updated to provide lab-validated best practices including:
- Integrating the Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) with industry-leading Mobile Device Management (MDM) platforms for more comprehensive on-boarding experience, device policy, and security
- Incorporating Cisco's Converged Access products (Catalyst 3850) into the BYOD design
- Providing more scalable policy enforcement with Cisco TrustSec Secure Group Access (SGA) technology
- Improving the mobile experience with Cisco Application Visibility and Control (AVC) on the enterprise WiFi
Cisco BYOD reference design builds on borderless network design best practices for wired, wireless, and secure mobility in campus, branch office, internet edge, and home office environments. Cisco BYOD architecture integrates critical components that allow secure, easy access to the network for any device and centralized enforcement of company usage policies.
The Cisco BYOD solution helps IT organizations address the following challenges:
- Providing device choice and support
- Maintaining secure access to the corporate network
- Adding new devices
- Enforcing company usage policies
- Visibility of devices on the network
- Protecting data and preventing loss
- Revoking access
- Circumventing new attack vectors
- Ensuring wireless LAN performance and reliability
- Managing the increase in connected devices
- Managing Bonjour Services for Enterprise Mobility
- Integrating Cisco Mobile Collaboration Management Service with Cisco Identity Services Engine
- Integrating AirWatch with Cisco Identity Services Engine
- Integrating Fiberlink MaaS360 with Cisco Identity Services Engine
- Integrating MobileIron with Cisco Identity Services Engine
- Integrating XenMobile with Cisco Identity Services Engine
- Integrating Good for Enterprise with Cisco Identity Services Engine
- Cisco Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Release 2.5 - FIPS Certification Status (PDF - 310 KB)
- Cisco Enterprise Mobility Solution
- Cisco Enterprise Mobility Solution At-a-Glance (PDF - 405 KB)
- BYOD Smart Solutions: Suggested RFP Questions (PDF - 225 KB)
Log in to access tools and resources specifically designed for Channel Partners who want to get the most out of the Cisco Bring Your Own Device(BYOD)Smart Solution.