Offer Exceptionally Reliable Seamless Mobile Broadband Service
Deliver highly reliable mobile broadband to subscribers over WiMAX Radio Access Networks with the Cisco ASN Access Service Network Gateway.
The ASN Gateway function is supported on the Cisco ASR 5000 Series, with exceptional reliability, flexibility, intelligence, and performance characteristics that allow WiMAX operators to transparently deliver mobile broadband to their subscribers.
Manage Connections Across Boundaries
The ASN gateway supports connection management and mobility across cell sites and interservice provider network boundaries by processing subscriber control and bearer data traffic. The ASN gateway can be combined with Cisco's HA to deliver seamless service mobility between different access networks. The ASN gateway also:
- Serves as the Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) authenticator for subscriber identity
- Acts as a RADIUS client to your authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA) servers
The ASN gateway uses Cisco expertise in providing packet core network infrastructure for the 4G mobile multimedia core. It delivers high performance combined with embedded intelligence for a comprehensive voice, data, and multimedia services environment. This gateway also offers:
- Field-proven functionality in many of the world’s largest Tier 1 production networks
- High-value Cisco In-line Services to increase revenue opportunities and network efficiency
- High-capacity system that meets and exceeds network requirements without changing or adding hardware
- Multiservice integration of multiple core network functions
- Stateful transaction information, such as charging records, Quality of Service (QoS), and compression contexts, is transparently transferred on handoffs without the need for call reregistrations