Scalable Storage Replication for Mission-Critical Applications
The Cisco MDS 9000 SANTap Service is one of the intelligent fabric services offered by the Cisco MDS 9000 family; Cisco SANTap operates as a tap in the SAN, providing a reliable copy of the storage write operations to a partner appliance. This enables partner applications to guarantee data continuity, data protection, online data migration, storage performance, and SLA monitoring, without the drawbacks of deploying in-band data-path or out-of-band host-based devices.
Cisco SANTap enables you to deploy EMC RecoverPoint, a single product solution for local data protection, remote replication, and disaster recovery. EMC RecoverPoint with Cisco SANTap can replicate heterogeneous storage without compromising the integrity, availability and performance of the I/Os between the host and primary target.
- Transparent deployment of the data protection appliance
- Guaranteed data consistency
- No disruption of the primary I/O from the server to the storage array
- Deployment flexibility and investment protection
- On-demand storage services
- Unlimited scalability and no performance bottlenecks
Cisco MDS 9000 SANTap is part of the Storage Services Interface Image Release, and requires the Cisco MDS 9000 Storage Services Enabler (SSE) Package. The SSE package provides the underlying infrastructure and programmatic interface to enable intelligent fabric applications such as Cisco MDS 9000 SANTap.
- Cisco SANTap and EMC RecoverPoint Blog Post
Cisco SANTap and EMC RecoverPoint Blog Post
Overview of EMC RecoverPoint, its value proposition and benefits and the integration with Cisco SANTap.
- Cisco SANTap and EMC RecoverPoint Solutions (10:34 min)
Video overview of EMC RecoverPoint, its value proposition and benefits and the integration with Cisco SANTap.
- Services in the SAN - IDC Analyst Paper (PDF - 528 KB)
An efficient data center is the critical facilitator of the modern, extended enterprise. It is the key to spurring innovation while significantly reducing operating costs.