Smarter Fabrics: At Your Service
Designed to create a strategic SAN platform with superior reliability, performance, scalability, and features, Cisco MDS 9000 NX-OS Software powers Cisco MDS 9000 Series Multilayer Switches.
Advantages of the software include:
- Flexibility and scalability for enterprise SANs
- Consistency across platforms to provide a unified software base for unification of Ethernet, storage, and high-performance computing networks
- Reduced total cost of ownership (TCO) through integrated fabric applications, security, and ease of management
The software's essential features include the following:
- Integrated fabric applications to deliver network-based storage applications and services
- Tightly integrated SAN Extension and I/O Acceleration to support open systems and mainframe I/O traffic over metropolitan-area networks (MANs) and WANs
- Virtual SAN (VSAN) capability to improve Fibre Channel SAN scalability, availability, manageability, and security
- End-to-end virtualization and mobility to simplify deployment and management of virtual machines, VSAN fabrics, blade servers, and virtualized storage devices
- Integrated encryption features to help preserve the integrity and confidentiality of Fibre Channel traffic between modular switches within a data center or across MANs and WANs
Reduce Downtime, Enhance Business Continuance
I/O Accelerator provides unified, consistent, fabric-based data compression and acceleration for backup and replication over MAN and WAN.
Services in the SAN: IDC Analyst Paper
An efficient data center is the critical facilitator of the modern extended enterprise. It is the key to spurring innovation while significantly reducing costs.
Cisco MDS 9000 SSN-16 Module
This high-performance, flexible, unified platform facilitates deployment of enterprise-class SAN extension and intelligent fabric applications.