||Log in to the Cisco UCS Director ShellAdmin on the primary node and all service nodes.|
||On the primary node and all service nodes, to verify that all services are running, choose Display services status.
All services must be running before you start the upgrade procedure. If necessary, choose Start services and then verify that all services are running.
||On the primary and all service nodes, choose Stop services and ensure that all services all stopped on the nodes.
Ensure that all services are stopped on the primary and service nodes before you can upgrade the inventory and monitoring database nodes.
|| In the ShellAdmin for the inventory database node and the monitoring database node, choose Apply patch to upgrade the nodes to Release 6.6. |
||At the Do you want to take database backup before applying patch [y/n]? prompt, enter one of the following: |
- y to back up the Cisco UCS Director database.
- n if you took a snapshot of the VM before you started.
||At the Specify the Transfer mode prompt, enter one of the following: |
- HTTP—Enter the URL for the location where you stored the upgrade file.
- SFTP—Enter the SFTP server IP address, server login name and password, and the path to the location where you have stored the upgrade file.
- SCP—Enter the SCP server IP address, server login name and password, and the path to the location where you have stored the upgrade file.
- FILE—Enter the path to the local directory where you have stored the upgrade file.
- FTP—Enter the FTP server IP address, server login name and password, and the path to the location where you have stored the upgrade file. For example, if you stored the patch file on an FTP server, enter ftp://username:password@hostname|IP_address/software_location_and_name
||When prompted for the Patch URL, type the location of the Release 6.6 patch and press Enter
For example, if you stored the software patch on an FTP server, enter ftp://username:password@hostname|IP_address/software_location_and_name
||Wait for the patch to download to the Cisco UCS Director VM. |
||Wait for the patch upgrade to complete. .
The upgrade process performs many steps including the following:
Unpacks the patch file.
Installs the Release 6.6 files
Initializes the database schema.
Reboots the Cisco UCS Director appliance. The Cisco UCS Director services start automatically.
Depending upon the size of your database, the upgrade process can take several minutes to complete.
|| In the ShellAdmin, choose Display services status and verify that all database services on the monitoring database node and inventory database node have started.
If necessary, you can choose the Start Database option to start the services on the database nodes.
|| Upgrade the service nodes using the Apply Patch option as described in the steps above. |
|| Upgrade the primary node using the Apply Patch option as described in the steps above.
The patch process is not complete or successful until all Cisco UCS Director services have started, Cisco UCS Director is available, the login screen is displayed, and the admin user can log in to Cisco UCS Director.
All Cisco UCS Director services must be started before you attempt to perform other ShellAdmin procedures, such as apply additional patches, take a database backup, or restore a database from a backup.
||Verify that all services have started on the service nodes and the primary nodes. |
||When the upgrade is complete, verify that the version and build in the Cisco UCS Director ShellAdmin on all nodes match the version and build of the patch that you downloaded from Cisco.com.
You can find the version and build in the following locations: