Access Remote WAE Live
Plan files and templates are stored in archive repositories, which can be installed on a different device than the one on which the WAE Design GUI is used. From the WAE Design GUI, you can extract WAE Live.pln plan files and templates from remote servers running WAE Live and make whatever modifications are necessary. You can then re-insert them as template files into a Map archive directory used by the WAE Live application. Another use case for remote access is to open plan files from WAE Live for use in the Forecasting tool.
Note The recommendation is to open the remote plan file, modify it to create the visual template, and save it to the WAE Live Map archive as a template. When uploading a template to the Map archive, you are overwriting the template that is in the Map archive.
- You must have an admin role assigned to you through the web System UI, and you must know that username and password.
- To save templates to a WAE Live Map archive, that Map archive must first be configured through the WAE Live UI, Settings->General Settings page.
- To access any network other than the default, that network must first be configured through the WAE Live UI, Settings->General Settings page.
Access Remote WAE Live
Step 1 In the WAE Design GUI, use the File menu to start the process.
- To download a WAE Live plan file or template from a remote archive, select the File->Open from->WAE Live menu.
- To upload a WAE Live template to a remote archive, select the File->Save to->WAE Live menu. You must have an administrative username and password to upload templates.
Step 2 After opening the dialog box, enter or select the hostname or IP address of the server.
Step 3 Identify how to connect to the server by selecting the appropriate protocol and by entering or selecting the port number (for example, HTTPS 8443).
Step 4 Enter or select the name of the network you are accessing. The name of the default WAE Live network is “default.”
Step 5 Enter the username and password that gives you access to the server. Both are case sensitive. If you do not know the password, contact your system administrator.
Step 6 If saving a template, click OK and stop here. If opening a plan file or template, continue to step 7.
Step 7 If opening a template, select the Template option.
If opening a plan file, identify which one by selecting the latest or by entering a specific time using a YY/MM/DD HH:MM format.
Then click OK.
Save and Clear Settings
- To save all settings for use the next time you open the remote access dialog box, click Save Settings. This saves all settings whether the fields and all entries in the drop-down lists are empty or not. You can optionally save the authentication password.
- To clear all current user-specified settings from the fields and from the drop-down lists, click Clear Settings. Note that this does not clear the default Protocol, Port, and Network values, though manual entries in these fields are cleared.
- To delete all user-specific settings so the next time you open the remote access dialog box all fields and all drop-down lists are empty (except for the default Protocol, Port, and Network values), follow these steps.
Click Clear Settings.
Ensure Save Settings is enabled.
Click OK to exit. Upon being prompted for whether to continue, click Yes.
- WAE Live Administration Guide
- WAE Live User Guide
- WAE Design User Guide
- WAE Design Integration and Development Guide