Access Remote WAE Design Archive
Plan files and templates are stored in archive repositories, which can be installed on a different device than the one on which the WAE Design GUI is used. From the WAE Design GUI, you can extract.pln plan files from remote archive directories, make whatever modifications are necessary, and re-insert them as.pln files into an archive used by the WAE Design Archive application. You can also open, modify, and then save a remote archive template.
Note The recommendation is to open the remote plan file, modify it to create the visual template, and save it to the remote archive as a template. When uploading a template to a remote archive, you are overwriting the template that is in the archive.
Access Remote WAE Design Archive
- You must have an admin role assigned to you through the web System UI, and you must know that username and password.
- One or more archives must be configured. For information on configuring archives, see the WAE Platform Configuration Guide.
Access Remote Archive
Step 1 In the WAE Design GUI, use the file menu to start the process.
- To open a WAE Design Archive plan file or template from a remote archive directory, select the File->Open from->Design Archive menu.
- To save a WAE Design Archive plan file or template in a remote archive directory, select the File->Save to->Design Archive menu. You must have an administrative username and password to upload plan files or templates.
Step 2 After opening the dialog box, enter or select the hostname or IP address of the server.
Step 3 Identify how to connect to the server by selecting the appropriate protocol and by entering or selecting the port number (for example, HTTP 8080).
Step 4 Enter or select the name of the archive you are accessing.
Step 5 Enter the username and password that gives you access to the server. Both are case sensitive. If you do not know the password, contact your web system administrator.
Step 6 Enter the UTC offset to apply to the date specified in the "Plan at Time" field. If you do not enter a date, the file is opened or saved according the server’s UTC time.
Step 7 Select options for either opening/saving a plan file or template.
- If opening or saving a template, select the Template option.
- Plan files
– If opening a plan file, identify which one by the latest or by a specific time.
– If saving a plan file, identify the time as current or as a specific time.
– If entering a time, use the YY/MM/DD HH:MM format.
Then click OK.
Save and Clear Settings
- To save all settings for use the next time you open the remote access dialog box, click Save Settings. This saves all settings whether the fields and all entries in the drop-down lists are empty or not. You can optionally save the authentication password.
- To clear all current user-specified settings from the fields and from the drop-down lists, click Clear Settings. Note that this does not clear the default Protocol, Port, and UTC Offset values, though manual entries in these fields are cleared.
- To delete all user-specific settings so the next time you open the remote access dialog box all fields and all drop-down lists are empty (except for the default Protocol, Port, and UTC Offset values), follow these steps.
Click Clear Settings.
Ensure Save Settings is enabled.
Click OK to exit. Upon being prompted for whether to continue, click Yes.
- WAE Design Archive User and Administration Guide
- WAE Design User Guide