Citrix ADC Manager is an application that integrates with Cisco’s Application Policy Infrastructure Controller (APIC) to enable easy, simplified configuration of Citrix ADC devices to bring the application-level services that are required in a Cisco® Application Centric Infrastructure (Cisco ACI™) environment.
New dynamics are redefining IT and changing the way that applications are developed, deployed, and delivered. In order to innovate and remain competitive, IT leaders are seeking simple, flexible, automated, and agile infrastructure that better aligns with the needs of the entire application lifecycle, from development to deployment.
To address these changing requirements in the data center, Cisco offers an architecture-and-operation model based on application-centric infrastructure. Cisco ACI takes a holistic, systems-based approach to IT. This unique approach uses a common policy-based operating model across network, compute, storage, and security elements, which breaks down the silos of operation and deployment to dramatically reduce cost and complexity.
Citrix Application Delivery Controller (ADC) integrates with Cisco ACI to provide a best-in-class, intelligent L4-L7 services that applications require, tightly coupling them with the network to ensure a high-quality user experience. Citrix ADC offers a full suite of functionalities to ensure performance, security, and optimisation of applications. In addition, Citrix ADC provides full visibility of application health and performance to stay ahead of issues.
Citrix ADC manager enables ADC functionality to be configured and controlled through the Cisco ACI App Center. The application, available from the Cisco ACI App Center, affords automatic ADC configuration through seamless integration with Cisco APIC, as well as maintaining visibility of Citrix ADC devices within the Cisco ACI environment. Administrators can quickly set up load balancing and content switching for their applications.
With support for both hardware and software Citrix ADC form factors, Citrix ADC Manager eases configuration and enables administrators to:
● Automatically discover Citrix ADC devices present in a Cisco ACI fabric
● Automatic network stitching from a Citrix ADC perspective (that is, discover Citrix ADC interfaces and corresponding VLAN IDs from the APIC, and bind them)
● Use configuration profiles to configure applications on Citrix ADC instances
● Automatically bind servers to Citrix ADC instances
Citrix ADC Manager also provides visibility of the application and Citrix ADC environment and administrators can:
● View Cisco ACI Service graphs and associated devices
● Display a dashboard with visibility of associated devices and applications
● Track performance metrics of key devices, such as CPU, memory, throughput, and HTTP requests per second
● Automatically reflect the changes of the APIC side in the Citrix ADC manager
Citrix ADC Manager is available now and can be downloaded from the Cisco ACI App Center.