Case Study: Vital Images
Medical software company helps workers be more productive in global meetings
Connecting Existing Clouds and the Premises
The explosion of cloud-based consumer and business applications has given users more choice than ever before. However, raised expectations have extended frustrations around what is available at work, in stark comparison to what is used at home.
IT departments are under pressure to manage growing demand for new services, better user experiences, and integration of applications not optimized for enterprise scale, security, and manageability.
Cisco offers both premises and cloud-based collaboration solutions. We have an innovative cloud strategy that helps customers manage flexible hybrid environments and connect multiple clouds together.
Have You Seen WebEx Lately?
Get free cloud-based video bridging. People can join using their own video systems.Get It for Free
Cisco Collaboration Cloud
The Cisco WebEx development team continues to manage and grow the WebEx Cloud. Using our existing cloud assets, we have also built a new cloud platform focused on user centricity and the unification of collaboration workloads.
This new platform has a differentiated hybrid architecture that is based on a service-oriented architecture (SOA). The Cisco Cloud Collaboration platform has been designed to be an engine for innovation for both Cisco and our ecosystem of partners. It is defined by four key tenets:
- Iteration to continuously deliver new and innovative user experiences
- Security and encryption
- Fusion of premises, partner, and Cisco collaboration services
- Ecosystem centricity to empower partners and administrators to manage and improve the user experience
Using the platform, we plan to deliver collaboration experiences that rival the best consumer applications. From mobile to desktop to meeting rooms, Cisco is creating a seamless experience delivered from the cloud that enhances customer investments.
Cisco cloud collaboration solutions offer a variety of collaboration services that can be deployed in three different models. They have been engineered to provide an optimized experience for the end user while meeting the operational needs of the business.
Virtualized Collaboration, delivered from the Enterprise Private Cloud
- Cisco Unified Communication Applications and Services (including Cisco Jabber and messaging solutions)
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Cisco Collaboration Edge Architecture (including Cisco Expressway)
- Cisco WebEx Meetings Server
Cisco Collaboration Services, delivered from a Cisco Cloud
- Cisco Spark
- Cisco WebEx Meeting Applications
- Cisco Collaboration Meeting Rooms (CMR)
- Context Service
Context Service provides cloud-based storage, tagging, and management of the data from interactions between organizations and their customers. The context and history provided by the service transforms traditional, isolated multichannel interactions from separate channels such as voice, chat, and email into seamless Omnichannel journeys. The result is that businesses can better understand and respond to the needs of their customers.
Cisco Powered Cloud Services, delivered from Certified Cisco Partners
Cisco partners can host Cisco Unified Communication and collaboration products and services within their own environments. They can also bundle their own services and solutions, and market their own unique and differentiated solutions. The Cisco Powered logo identifies these services from our partners.
Available services from the Cisco Powered cloud service based on Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution (HCS) include:
- Unified Communications as a Service based on HCS
- Contact Center as a Service based on HCS
- Video and Cisco TelePresence as a Service
Industry Analysts Papers
- IDG Research Services: Cloud Elevates Communications Applications White Paper (PDF - 669 KB)
See where you stack up against the rest. Learn why 70% of IT leaders are moving their collaboration applications and services to the cloud.
- IDG Research Services: Bright Clouds info graphic (PDF - 1.11 MB)
See why collaboration and communications applications lead the push for cloud deployment.
- Forbes White Paper
Discover how business leaders and global executives gain value from cloud collaboration.
- Wainhouse White Paper (PDF - 280 KB)
Your how-to guide for successful cloud collaboration deployment based on real interviews and lessons learned.
- Cloud Collaboration Drives Business Value Across Industries (PDF - 888 KB)
Research by Current Analysis reveals how cloud collaboration achieves vertical objectives.
- Forrester: Collaboration Services: Deployment Options for the Enterprise (PDF - 349 KB)
Get collaboration services to meet your business needs, whether hosted, outsourced, in the cloud, or as a managed service.
- The Top 10 Reasons to Consider Hosted Collaboration Solutions (PDF - 370 KB)
A hosted solution can help you deploy unified communications and collaboration to more workers in more places faster than with traditional premises-based solutions.
- Cloud Evalutation Guide (PDF - 328 KB)
Use this three step process, or guide, to cut through the hype and make an informed decision when selecting a cloud solution and partner.
- Cloud RFP Template (PDF - 454 KB)
A comprehensive resource covering the complete process from the initial quote to the deployment of services.
Why the Cloud for Collaboration (videos)
Customer Case Studies
- Educational Service Provider Gains Agility to Quickly Scale Up or Down (PDF - 828 KB)
Synergis Education introduced voice services in new locations in just two weeks, with Cisco Powered cloud service from TeleSpace.
- Removing Silos with Cloud-Based Collaboration
D+M Group promotes innovation by fostering collaboration and increasing operational efficiency using Cisco HCS and managed telepresence.
- Developing New Cloud Solutions and Delivery Models
Fujitsu transforms U.K. and global operations, improving operational efficiency and service delivery.
- City Delivers Excellent Caller Experience During Political Convention (PDF - 197 KB)
A collection of case studies from customers using cloud collaboration that reduced complexity, cut costs, and experienced faster time to value.
- Manufacturer Unifies Workforce and Enhances Customer Interactions
Pella Corporation increased customer service levels and internal collaboration using Cisco WebEx, Jabber, and Unified Contact Center.
- Cloud Storage Company Saves Money and Increases Collaboration
Coraid chooses Cisco WebEx cloud services to boost its competitive edge by deploying high-quality video collaboration.