Today's complex, converged-services networks need powerful, flexible, compact multiplexing technology in digital headends. The growing choice of new services and interactive applications available with the launch of digital video is changing the way people watch TV. These new services and interactive applications provide operators with an increasing spectrum of revenue opportunities that can be supported by Scientific Atlanta's Digital Content Manager (DCM). This extremely dense, future-friendly multiplexer/video processing platform that can help you launch and manage your digital services - current and future - while giving you freedom and flexibility for your operational needs.
The DCM can help operators:
- Manage all digital services, economically processing up to 2,000 standard-definition (SD) or up to 500 high-definition (HD) MPEG video streams from a single platform to provide operators new flexibility in multiplexing architectures, as well as impressive scalability and cost-per-stream points not previously available, all in just 2 RU
- Optimize and manage available network bandwidth, especially with the growing popularity of HDTV
- Deliver more programs over less bandwidth while maintaining best-in-class video quality with our next generation transrating algorithms
- Generate new revenue with ad insertion opportunities, featuring a seamless splicing capability for many programs, including Content-On-Demand
- Secure content for both broadcast services and video-on-demand services - the DCM is DVB SimulCrypt compliant
- Deliver the network reliability necessary to remain competitive with 1:1 device redundancy as well as service redundancy
- Efficiently process the rapidly growing complexity and number of digital video streams while improving overall video picture quality
- Reliably transport over IP networks with Forward Error Correction
Scientific Atlanta's multiplexer product portfolio also contains the D9600 series, which combines a re-multiplexer, advanced headend processor and transport stream processor in a single 1RU or 2RU unit for a versatile, space-saving solution.