Get a Converged, Intelligent SAN
The Cisco MDS 9513 Multilayer Director is a high-performance, protocol-independent, director-class SAN switch that meets stringent enterprise data center storage requirements. Compatible with all generations of Cisco MDS 9000 switching modules, it provides high availability, scalability, security, and transparent integration of intelligent features.
Feature and Capabilities
- Scalable expansion with outstanding investment protection
- Multiprotocol architecture and convergence with multihop FCoE
- Business transformation with enterprise cloud deployments
- Platform for intelligent storage applications
The Cisco MDS 9513 Multilayer Director helps you meet server virtualization challenges such as:
- Increased need for servers to access data on the network
- Higher bandwidth density per server
- Different security profiles for multitenancy, cloud computing, and heterogeneous environments
- Loss of insight into individual applications for the SAN administration team
Converge Networks for Easy Storage Connectivity
You can easily connect a Cisco MDS-based SAN infrastructure to large converged networks with multihop Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE). In addition, the operating system and management interface are the same as for all other Cisco data center switches.
Scale Your SAN for High Performance
With the Cisco MDS 9513 Multilayer Director, you can consolidate highly virtualized servers and high-end storage in a SAN. The Cisco MDS 9513 supports up to 528 high-performance 1, 2, 4, and 8 Gbps Fibre Channel ports in one chassis.
Use Intelligent Storage for Mixed Environments
This SAN switch offers intelligence for heterogeneous environments with:
- Fibre Channel or Fibre Channel over IP SAN extension and I/O acceleration
- Cisco Storage Media Encryption
- Cisco Data Mobility Manager
- Third-party application for continuous data protection
Cisco Data Center Network Manager offers end-to-end, virtual-machine-aware path analytics and trending, to help you simplify management of your data center virtual infrastructure.
Specifications at a Glance
|Software compatibility||Cisco MDS SAN-OS Software Release 3.0(1) or later
Note: MDS 9513 Crossbar Switching Fabric3 Module requires Cisco NX-OS Software Release 5.2 or beyond
|Reliability and availability||
Reliable, Scalable SAN Platform
Cisco MDS 9000 NX-OS Software Release 5.2 runs on Cisco MDS 9000 Switches.
Create an Ideal SAN
Gain intelligent, multilayer services that help fulfill your business needs
(All Cisco MDS 9500 Series Multilayer Directors Brochures) Case Studies
(All Cisco MDS 9500 Series Multilayer Directors Case Studies)
(All Cisco MDS 9500 Series Multilayer Directors Data Sheets)
Cisco MDS 9506 Multilayer Director Data Sheet
Cisco MDS 9000 18/4-Port Multiservice Module
Cisco MDS 9000 16-Port Storage Services Node Data Sheet
Cisco MDS 9000 10-Gbps 8-Port FCoE Module
Cisco MDS 9000 Family 8-Gbps Fibre Channel Switching Modules Data Sheet
Cisco MDS 9000 Family Pluggable Transceivers Data Sheet
(All Cisco MDS 9500 Series Multilayer Directors White Papers)