The gateway to an intent-based network
Designed for an intent-based network, the Cisco® Catalyst® 8000 Edge Platforms Family offers best-in-class networking and security combined. The platforms, available in both on-premises or virtual options, are designed for accelerated SD-WAN services, multilayered security, cloud-native agility, and edge intelligence to accelerate your journey to the cloud. The Catalyst 8000 family provides a constantly evolving solution that is delivered via a Cisco DNA software subscription, for continual access to the latest advances in intent-based networking without new deployments or new hardware.
The Catalyst 8000 family is the gateway to your applications across cloud, data center, and edge locations.
Key benefits and features include:
Industry-leading security and networking services converge, on premises or in the cloud, to deliver industry-leading performance for SD-WAN services across all users to any cloud.
● Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) architecture - With support for Cisco Umbrella™ cloud security services, customers have flexibility to deliver security and networking services together from the cloud or on premises, powered by Cisco SD-WAN.
● Software-defined WAN – Achieve up to three to four times better performance for SD-WAN services with dynamic compute resource allocation on the Catalyst 8300 Series and the all-new third-generation Cisco Quantum Flow Processor on the Catalyst 8500 Series. The Catalyst 8000 family allows you to enable the best of Cisco SD-WAN, like enhanced segmentation, application optimization, and Cloud OnRamp capabilities.
● Secure remote access – Flexible connectivity, distributed inspection, and centralized policy enforcement based on roles and identity of users and devices readies 5G-enabled networks.
An open and fully programmable software architecture enables automation at cloud scale and support for a diverse set of microservices, making cloud migration simple.
● Open and programmable – An open and fully programmable software architecture with API support enables automation at scale to achieve zero-touch IT capabilities while migrating workloads to the cloud.
● Microservices enabled – The Catalyst 8000 family provides a distributed analytics architecture with support for container-based apps and third-party ecosystem partners.
The flexibility to deploy any service, anywhere and the ability to implement intelligent capacity planning allows IT to adopt evolving technology, like 5G, without compromising performance or uptime.
● Services resiliency – Facilitating 5G-based edge services, the Catalyst 8000 platforms offer wireless WAN flexibility and provide enterprises the ability to increase resources, whenever needed, to support edge compute and virtualization.
● Operational resiliency – Powered by advanced telemetry data from the Catalyst 8000 family, Cisco vAnalytics offers insights into circuit and application utilization, assisting customers in intelligent capacity planning and anomaly detection.
● Business resiliency – The edge platforms offer investment protection and cost savings, with an easy upgrade path for 5G and other emerging technologies, as well as backward compatibility to support previous technologies.
The world is changing at an unpredictable pace and so is the technology that supports it. As more workforces become distributed and remote, and applications move to the cloud, it has become more important than ever to create a network architecture that can evolve. A new approach to networking is required—a new model that combines the best of networking and security to manage the multicloud world. In this changing environment, connectivity can happen from any location, applications can be in the cloud or on premises, and services need to be deployed where needed, quickly. IT needs flexibility without compromising performance or scale, while still providing secure access and a consistent user experience.
● Multicloud connectivity – Support a diverse set of container-based applications and third-party cloud ecosystem partners.
● SD-WAN – Create a software-defined WAN for secure cloud access, segmentation, application optimization, and much more.
● 5G-ready WAN – Connect to remote sites with the latest wireless WAN technology, using a simple pluggable interface module or cellular gateway.
● Secure access – Protect the network with advanced, multilayered security providing application-aware enterprise firewall, IPS, URL filter, layer 2 encryption, and continuous DNS monitoring.
● Edge computing – Deploy services faster and enable access to mission-critical applications where they are needed most, at the edge.
The Cisco Catalyst 8000 Edge Platforms Family is designed to be scalable, secure, and optimized for multicloud. Only Cisco has the ability to meet the needs of any size customer, across any vertical and any geography. We offer the broadest portfolio, maximum choice with our third-party technology ecosystem, and over 30 years of networking experience combined with leadership in SD-WAN and security.
Cisco DNA for SD-WAN and Routing subscriptions are available in three subscription tiers. Subscriptions can be purchased either as an individual transaction or as an enrollment in a Cisco DNA Enterprise Agreement. Software licenses are portable across the cloud and premises, are easy to upgrade across tiers, and include Software Support Service (SWSS). Learn more.
Accelerate your success with services from Cisco Customer Experience (CX). Now you can adopt SD-WAN with ease and confidence, thanks to our trusted expert resources. View our services
To view buying options and speak with a Cisco sales representative, visit: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/buy.