Ultra-low latency network interface card
The Cisco Nexus® X100 SmartNIC K3P-Q is a high-density NIC, specifically optimized for low latency operation.
Features 2x QSFP28 ports for a total of eight Ethernet links and software trigger-to-response latencies as low as 596ns. This is up to 20 percent faster than previous Cisco Nexus SmartNIC models, making it one of the fastest high-density network adapter in the market. Users will find that this drop-in replacement NIC accelerates tick-to-trade performance to previously unachievable speeds, increasing the efficacy and profitability of software-based trading systems.
The Cisco Nexus X100 SmartNIC K3P-Q provides the most powerful programmable software interface on the market.
Programmability features include:
● Zero-latency cost hardware flow steering: allowing users to steer and prefilter important traffic to the right memory and CPU core with no latency penalty.
● Cut-through receive: This mechanism allows software to process packet fragments as they arrive from the wire, while packet tails are still in flight. This is especially effective for slow line speeds (for example, 1GbE). The Cisco Nexus X100 SmartNIC K3P-Q software API puts users well ahead of traditional store-and-forward NIC designs to make better decisions, faster.
● ExaSOCK TCP/IP acceleration: Unmodified socket applications can benefit from the speed and power of the Cisco Nexus X100 SmartNIC K3P-Q using ExaSOCK. ExaSOCK is an in-place TCP/IP socket acceleration system. ExaSOCK’s Extension API allows it to seamlessly interoperate with the X100 SmartNIC’s transmit preloading feature, described below.
● Preloaded packet transmit: The Cisco Nexus X100 SmartNIC K3P-Q allows users to preload transmit frames, saving 60ns from the transmit path. The X100 SmartNIC K3P-Q features enlarged packet transmit buffers allowing many more frames to be preloaded, leading to more versatile transmission choices.
● High-resolution timestamps: Four-nanosecond timestamps are applied to every received packet and the most recently transmitted packet. The Cisco Nexus X100 SmartNIC K3P-Q also features out of the box support for IEEE1588 (PTP) and high-speed capture to disk using free and open-source Exact-Capture software.
The Cisco Nexus X100 SmartNIC K3P-Q is a pure FPGA-based network adapter that is 25/100GbE ready.
Field Programmable Gare Array (FPGA) network adapters extend the useful life of the Cisco Nexus X100 SmartNIC K3P-Q by allowing new features and speed enhancements to be downloaded into the device after deployment.
The Cisco Nexus X100 SmartNIC K3P-Q is built using the latest generation Xilinx UltraScale+ FPGA
It optionally ships with 9GB of DDR4 memory for custom use. It is a compact adapter in a low-profile form-factor. Users can benefit from the all-FPGA design by offloading critical network processing functions directly into the NIC, while maintaining the ease of use and administration of a production-grade network adapter.
Cisco Nexus X100 SmartNIC K3P-Q
Typical latency, raw frames:1
● 64 bytes: 714 ns
● 256 bytes: 927 ns
Typical latency, raw frames with preloaded TX buffer:1
● 64 bytes: 653 ns
● 256 bytes: 690 ns
Typical latency, UDP:2
● 14 bytes: 828 ns
● 256 bytes: 1.11 µs
Typical latency, TCP:2
● 14 bytes: 869 ns
● 256 bytes: 1.13 µs
● All received frames, most recently transmitted frame
● Host, hardware assisted PTP, optional PPS
● 3.3V CMOS, selectable 50ohm termination
● Line-rate capture to disk
● 64 IP rules per port
● 64 MAC rules per port
FPGA Development Kit:
● Add custom user logic to FPGA
● Fully integrated with drivers and utilities
● Xilinx Ultrascale+ XCKU3P-2
● 9GB DDR4 (optional)
● Low-profile PCI Express Card
● 117x68mm (4.65x2.67in)
● Manual firmware recovery button
● 2x QSFP28
● SMA for PPS in/out
● 40GbE3, 25GbE3, 10GbE, 1GbE, 100M Fast Ethernet
● Fiber (100GBASE-SR4, 100GBASE-LR4, 100GBASE-CX4), QSFP(+/28) Direct Attach
● PCIe x8 Gen 3 @ 8.0 GT/s per lane
● Linux x86_64 (all distributions)
Information about Cisco’s environmental sustainability policies and initiatives for our products, solutions, operations, and extended operations or supply chain is provided in the “Environment Sustainability” section of Cisco’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Report.
Reference links to information about key environmental sustainability topics (mentioned in the “Environment Sustainability” section of the CSR Report) are provided in the following table:
Information on product material content laws and regulations
Information on electronic waste laws and regulations, including products, batteries, and packaging
Cisco makes the packaging data available for informational purposes only. It may not reflect the most current legal developments, and Cisco does not represent, warrant, or guarantee that it is complete, accurate, or up to date. This information is subject to change without notice.
Flexible payment solutions to help you achieve your objectives
Cisco Capital® makes it easier to get the right technology to achieve your objectives, enable business transformation and help you stay competitive. We can help you reduce the total cost of ownership, conserve capital, and accelerate growth. In more than 100 countries, our flexible payment solutions can help you acquire hardware, software, services and complementary third-party equipment in easy, predictable payments. Learn more.