The documentation set for this product strives to use bias-free language. For the purposes of this documentation set, bias-free is defined as language that does not imply discrimination based on age, disability, gender, racial identity, ethnic identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and intersectionality. Exceptions may be present in the documentation due to language that is hardcoded in the user interfaces of the product software, language used based on RFP documentation, or language that is used by a referenced third-party product. Learn more about how Cisco is using Inclusive Language.
In this era of digital transformation and business resiliency, vast amounts of data are being generated every second, and networking infrastructure is becoming more complex and distributed. Are your network operations teams armed with the right tools to avoid costly downtime, meet business SLAs, and address scale for geographically distributed data centers? Are they dealing with tool sprawl as they try to stitch capabilities together?
While many operational services and tools are available to manage data center operations, maneuvering through multiple applications has become a challenge by itself, because IT teams must now correlate information from numerous tools across hybrid environments. Business demands agility. However, IT and networking teams have always operated in a reactive, break-then-fix mode with multiple control points.
It is therefore a multidimensional challenge for IT to keep applications and networks in sync. With the expanding scope of the roles of NetOps and DevOps, an automation toolset is needed to accelerate data center operations and securely manage the expansion to hybrid and multicloud. Cisco Nexus® Dashboard provides a single focal point to unite the disparate views of hybrid-cloud data-center operations, application deployment, and performance.
Cisco Nexus Dashboard is a single launch point to monitor and scale across different sites, whether it is Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure™ (Cisco ACI®) fabric controllers, the Cisco® Application Policy Infrastructure Controller (APIC), Cisco Nexus Dashboard Fabric Controller (NDFC), or a Cloud APIC running in a public cloud provider environment. Cisco NX-OS with Cisco Nexus Dashboard Fabric Controller (NDFC) – formerly Cisco Data Center Network Manager (Cisco DCNM) – is available as a service on the Cisco Nexus Dashboard. With third-party services integrated in Nexus Dashboard, NetOps can achieve command and control over global network fabrics, optimizing performance and attaining insights into data center and cloud operations. Using Cisco Nexus Dashboard, DevOps can improve the application deployment experience for multicloud applications Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) integrations. Developers describe in code the networking components and resources needed to run an application in a data center or cloud.
Cisco Nexus Dashboard: powering automation with a unified, agile networking platform
Easy to use
● Customizable role-based UI view to provide a focused view on network operator use cases
● Single Sign-On (SSO) for seamless user experience across operation services
● Single console for health monitoring and quick service turn-up
Easy to scale
● Ensure high availability, scale-out operations from a single dashboard
● Scale use cases leveraging flexible deployment options
● Operations that span across on-premises, multicloud, and edge networks
Easy to maintain
● Seamless integration and lifecycle management of operational services
● Onboard and manage operational services across on-premises, cloud, or hybrid environments
● Single integration point for critical third-party applications and tools
With Cisco Nexus Dashboard, you get a unified operations view across all your sites and services. Cisco Nexus Dashboard scales out based on the size, number of sites and the operational services used to manage them. It also provides the operations team with a simple and consistent way for service access control and lifecycle management of the unified operations’ infrastructure and services. Cisco Nexus Dashboard delivers unprecedented simplicity by integrating multiple data center operational tools delivering best-in-class automation and insights from a single pane of glass to manage, monitor, and troubleshoot the network. Along with a uniform onboarding experience for data center sites and operational services such as Cisco Nexus Dashboard Insights (formerly Nexus Insights), Cisco Nexus Dashboard Orchestrator (formerly Multi-Site Orchestrator), Cisco Nexus Dashboard Data Broker (formerly Nexus Data Broker) and third-party ecosystem applications, the operator now has a single landing page and a consistent user experience for the administrator and operator to manage the lifecycle of the infrastructure.
The operator can run these services across multiple sites and quickly root cause issues. A quick glance informs the operator of the health of the various sites and the infrastructure services. Cisco Nexus Dashboard has an easy-to-navigate interface.
Cisco Nexus Dashboard: comprehensive overview of globe-spanning networks
● On premises: Run Cisco Nexus Dashboard on the Cisco Nexus Dashboard platform
● Hybrid: Run Cisco Nexus Dashboard on premises and in the cloud
● Virtual: Run Cisco Nexus Dashboard on any local compute
● Cloud: Run Cisco Nexus Dashboard on public cloud of choice
● SaaS: Deploy, maintain, and support your infrastructure from anywhere*
Automate and operate hybrid cloud networks with the intuitive and centralized management console, Cisco Nexus Dashboard, to streamline and rapidly ensure, change, scale, and troubleshoot. With Cisco Nexus Dashboard, you can:
● Improve experience – Reduce the time to value for powerful operations capabilities with a consistent UX and a single pane of glass for all native and fabric-agnostic applications
● Increase cost savings and revenue – Reduce overall network TCO by scaling on a uniform operations infrastructure, and reduce management screen sprawl across data center sites
● Ensure business continuity and compliance – Quickly debug and resolve root-cause issues
Cisco Nexus Dashboard on its own does not require a license. The applications on the platform can be consumed with flexible options, with a choice of three licensing tiers. Nexus Dashboard Orchestrator is offered as part of Cisco Data Center Networking (DCN) Advantage; Nexus Dashboard Insights is offered through the Cisco DCN Premier tier licenses and the Cisco DCN Day 2 Ops Add-on License. More details are available in the ordering guide.
Learn more about the Cisco Nexus Dashboard