Build a Next-Generation Network
Create the network foundation you need for your next-generation unified fabric data center and high-performance campus core. Modular Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches deliver a comprehensive NX-OS feature set, with high-density 10, 40, and 100 Gigabit Ethernet for the data center and campus core.
17+ Terabits Capacity
Second generation F2-Series I/O module, Fabric 2 modules and the small-form-factor Cisco Nexus 7000 9-Slot Switch are the newest additions to the Cisco Nexus 7000 Series.Learn More
A Single End-to-End Platform
For data centers, the Cisco Nexus 7000 Series offers an end-to-end solution in one platform for data center core, aggregation, and high-density, end-of-row and top-of-rack server connectivity. For campus core deployments, it provides a scalable, highly resilient, high-performance solution.
Feature and Capabilities
The Cisco Nexus 7000 Series was designed around three principles:
- Infrastructure scalability: Virtualization, efficient power and cooling, high density, and performance all support efficient data center infrastructure growth.
- Operational continuity: The Cisco Nexus design integrates hardware, NX-OS software features, and management to support zero-downtime environments.
- Transport flexibility: You can incrementally and cost-effectively adopt new networking innovations and technologies, such as:
The second generation Fabric 2 module delivers twice the performance as previous generations.
- Available for Cisco Nexus 7009, 7010, and 7018 chassis
- Provides 550 Gbps-per-slot switching capacity across all Cisco Nexus 7000 Series chassis
- Delivers up to 17.6 Tbps switching capacity in the Cisco Nexus 7018
The second generation F2-Series module delivers high-performance Layer 2 and Layer 3 functionality for the data center.
- Line rate on all 48 ports with 720 Mpps and 480 Gbps of throughput
- Comprehensive Layer 2 and Layer 3 forwarding functionality
- Cisco FabricPath support, for highly flexible, scalable Layer 2 networks
- Cisco Nexus 2000 support for high-density access top-of-rack (ToR) deployments
- FCoE support for LAN and SAN convergence over a single Ethernet network
The small-form-factor Cisco Nexus 7009 is the latest addition to the flagship Cisco Nexus 7000 Series. This 9-slot, high-performance switch is designed to lower the total cost of ownership (TCO) in space-constrained enterprise and service provider environments.
- Rack-space-optimized for space-constrained campus core networks and data centers (14RU)
- Operational consistency, through a common NX-OS release across the Cisco Nexus 7000 Series
- Investment protection, with support for all Cisco Nexus 7000 I/O modules, supervisor module, and power supplies
Specifications at a Glance
|Number of slots||9, 10, and 18|
|Bandwidth per slot||550 Gbps|
|Max switching capacity||17.6 Tbps|
|Max packets per second||11.5 B pps|
|1 GE density||Up to 768 ports|
|1 GE density with Cisco Nexus 2000||Up to 1536 ports|
|Line-rate 10 GE density||Up to 768 ports|
|Hitless software upgrade||Yes: In Service Software Upgrade (ISSU)|
|Switch virtualization||Yes: Virtual Device Context (VDC)|
|Programming interface||XML and CLI script|
|Management tool||Cisco Data Center Network Manager|
Scaling Data Centers
Cisco FabricPath scales data center virtualized and traditional networks.
Extending Layer 2 Networks (PDF - 6.33 MB)
Learn how OTV extends Layer 2 networks across geographically-dispersed data centers.
Converging LAN and SAN over a Unified Network
Get a highly scalable, modular, director-class platform for end-to-end FCoE deployments. See what the Cisco Nexus 7000 Series offers you.