Catalyst Compact Switches – Redefine Access at the LAN Edge
Catalyst Compact Switches
Learn more about secure, simplified LAN access, far from the wiring closet. (4:30 min)
Get the Flash Player
Advanced Technology Drives Strategic Advantage
Cisco switching solutions deliver strategic advantage to networks of any size and in any industry. Technology advancements across the entire Cisco switching portfolio boost user productivity, drive operational excellence, and heighten the business value of the network and connected resources. Extensible hardware platforms and intelligent switching services deliver on the full promise of Borderless Networks securely, reliably, and seamlessly.
Extensible Hardware Platforms
Cisco switching solutions can be customized according to your exact technical and budgetary requirements. From the Nexus core switches to the modular Catalyst 4500 and 6500 series to the stackable, fixed and compact Catalyst switches, your LAN infrastructure is fully serviced and secured from central core to access layer.
- Industry-leading switching product portfolio, designed to meet every need, any challenge, and all situations
- Scalable performance and incremental upgrades enable rapid and cost-effective reaction to changing IT and business requirements. Sample industry-leading technologies include Virtual Switching System (VSS) and StackWise Plus
- Switching components, such as custom ASICs, 4500 and 6500 supervisors, service and interface modules, IOS and NX-OS control software, and StackPower, offer superior performance and capabilities
Borderless Networks Service Intelligence
Cisco switching solutions play a central role in Borderless Networks. Catalyst and Nexus switches are optimized for service delivery across all essential Borderless Networks service areas:
- Application Velocity: Today's networks must recognize, secure, and prioritize many types of applications, optimizing the user experience for any application, anytime, on any device
- Multimedia Optimization: Growth of video and voice traffic requires the switching infrastructure meet the complex demands of all types of information streams all the time
- Energy Savings: Cisco EnergyWise software controls energy consumption and costs related to not only IT resources, but also business facilities - heating, air conditioning, and lighting
- Integrated Security: Cisco switching solutions enforce authorized access (TrustSec); protect network traffic (MACsec); and identify and mitigate threats (CoPP)
- Cisco Motion: Cisco switching solutions serve to aggregate wireless LAN traffic, concentrate wired/wireless security policies, and consolidate wireless control via Catalyst 6500 and 3750 switch integrated modules
Secure, Reliable, Seamless Infrastructure
Networks must be always available, fully protected, and ready for new challenges. Cisco switching solutions are designed to provide access and exchanges that are:
- Secure: Protect business and personal information, user identities and interactions, and network connections and resources are not only mission critical, but often required by law
- Reliable: Reduce costly network downtime. Redundant hardware, In-Service Software Updates (ISSU), Generic On-Line Diagnostics (GOLD), and automated recovery mechanisms are just a few examples of Cisco switching capabilities that maintain network service levels
- Seamless: Dynamic networked organizations require networks that move with them. Cisco switching solutions adapt readily to new requirements via scalable hardware, integrated services, industry-leading support, open systems, and continual technology innovation
Catalyst 4500E Innovation
Increase performance and improve power delivery.
Catalyst 3750-X Innovation
High availability, heightened security, and energy efficiency.