End-to-End Network Intelligence
Your people need access to legitimate business applications while using their device of choice. But with that choice comes the need for greater visibility and control. Your business, regardless of size, can get an end-to-end network security solution with the Cisco ASA 5500 Series Next-Generation Firewalls.
Learn more about upgrading to the ASA 5500-X Series
Feature and Capabilities
Comprehensive Next-Generation Firewalls for Security Without Compromise
The Cisco ASA 5500 Series helps organizations to balance security with productivity. It combines the industry's most deployed stateful inspection firewall with comprehensive next-generation network security services, including:
- Visibility and granular control of applications and micro-applications, with behavior-based controls
- Robust web security
- Advanced threat protection with a comprehensive, highly effective intrusion prevention system (IPS)
- Highly secure remote access
- Protection from botnets
- Proactive, near-real-time protection against Internet threats
Wide Range of Sizes and Form Factors
Protect networks of all sizes with MultiScale performance and a wide range of form factors. Cisco ASA 5500 Series next-generation firewalls are available as:
- Scalable standalone appliances for branch offices, midsize businesses securing the Internet edge, and enterprise data centers
- High-performance blades that integrate with the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switch
- Virtual instances to provide enterprise-class security for private and public clouds
Proven, Enterprise-Class Platform
All Cisco ASA 5500 Series next-generation firewalls are powered by Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Software, with enterprise-class stateful inspection and next-generation firewall capabilities. ASA software also:
- Integrates with other essential network security technologies
- Supports Cisco TrustSec security group tags (SGTs) and Identity-Based Firewall for enhanced user ID awareness
- Enables up to eight ASA 5585-X appliances to be clustered, for up to 320 Gbps of firewall and 80 Gbps of IPS throughput
- Delivers high availability for high-resiliency applications
Migrate to the ASA 5500-X Series
- Cisco ASA 5500-X Series: Why Upgrade?
- Migrating from Cisco ASA 5500 Series to ASA 5500-X Series Midrange Appliances
- Cisco ASA 5500-X Series Next-Generation Firewalls Q&A
Product Support Services
Cisco's Services can help you increase operational efficiency, lower support costs, and improve availability risk management.
Models and Documents
Learn about the similarities and differences of the models within this product series.
Data Sheets and Literature
End-of-Life and End-of-Sale Notices