Cut Costs, Improve Performance and Security
The Cisco ASA 5585-X Adaptive Security Appliance delivers superior scalability, performance, and security. It can handle high data volumes without sacrificing performance. This helps enterprises meet the increasing demands for network connectivity without the need to invest in additional data center space and incur the corresponding maintenance costs.
Learn about the features and specifications of the ASA 5585-X. (7:02 min)
Security Without Compromise
Unlike most security providers that require you to choose between a high-quality firewall and an effective intrusion prevention system (IPS), Cisco combines a proven firewall with a uniquely comprehensive intrusion prevention system. This makes the Cisco ASA 5585-X Adaptive Security Appliance a powerful, effective security solution. It delivers eight times the performance density of competitive firewalls, with:
- The highest VPN session counts
- Twice as many connections per second
- Four times the connection capacity
In this way, it meets the growing needs of today’s most dynamic organizations - all in a compact two rack unit (2RU) footprint.
Most security appliances require up to 16RU and 5100 watts to scale to the level of performance that the ASA 5585-X achieves with only 2RU and 785 watts. Also, its integrated IPS with Global Correlation is twice as effective as traditional intrusion prevention systems.
Feature and Capabilities
- Lowers initial procurement costs by 80 percent
- Cuts power consumption costs by 85 percent
- Reduces rack-space requirements by 88 percent
- Simplifies network integration and management
- Scales up to 80 Gbps (with two firewall modules in one chassis)
Specifications at a Glance
The Cisco ASA 5585-X supports up to:
- 40 Gbps maximum firewall throughput
- 350,000 connections per second
- 10 million concurrent connections
- 250 security contexts
- 1,024 VLANs
Product Support Services
Cisco's Services can help you increase operational efficiency, lower support costs, and improve availability risk management.