Visibility and Control at the Internet Edge
When it comes to protecting the Internet edge, you need to see the users, applications, devices, and threats on your network and what they are doing. With next-generation security services, ASA 5500-X firewalls protect your business, regardless of size, against multivector threats across the entire attack continuum.
Enterprise-Class Security for the Internet Edge
The Cisco ASA 5500-X Series scales to meet the performance and budget requirements of a wide range of network applications:
- Up to 4 Gbps of firewall throughput, 50,000 connections per second, and 1 million concurrent sessions
- Supports up to 500 VLANs for improved network segmentation and security
- Supports up to 100 security contexts for granular policy control
- Supports dual power supplies
- Runs multiple simultaneous network security services without sacrificing performance
Multilayered Threat Protection
Your business can take advantage of new applications and devices — balancing security effectiveness with productivity — using ASA 5500-X Series Next-Generation Firewalls (NGFWs). This solution offers the combination of the industry's most deployed stateful firewall, with a comprehensive range of next-generation network security services, including:
- Granular visibility and control
- Robust web security on premises or in the cloud
- Comprehensive intrusion prevention system (IPS) to protect against known threats
- Protection from malware and emerging threats
- Highly secure Cisco AnyConnect remote access
Cisco offers two next-generation firewall (NGFW) solutions on the ASA 5500-X Series platforms. Use them for comprehensive visibility, reduced cost and complexity, and real-time protection from malware and emerging threats.
Cisco ASA with FirePOWER Services is the industry's first adaptive, threat-focused NGFW. Get proven Cisco ASA firewall with industry-leading Sourcefire threat and advanced malware protection in a single device. Protect your business with superior visibility and highly effective integrated threat-focused defense across the entire attack continuum.
Cisco ASA Next-Generation Firewall Services give you visibility and control to identify users, devices, applications, and threats on your network. This solution integrates proven Cisco ASA firewall, application control, web security, and IPS in a single device. Gain essential network security with simplified management.