- How can I make sure my installed CEMF functions after I change my machine hostname?
- What hardware specification do you recommend for deployments?
- Which IP address does the trapManager bind to if the host has multiple interfaces and more than one IP address?
- What Solaris 2.6 patches should I install for running CEMF?
- Q. Which IP address does the trapManager bind to if the host has multiple interfaces and more than one IP address? (Products affected : CEMF 3.x)
- A. When binding to port 162 use INADDR_ANY, which listens on any/all interfaces of the host. Running netstat -a exhibits that the machine is listening for UDP packets on *.162. It does not matter which of the machine's IP addresses raise traps.
The Cisco Support Community is a forum for you to ask and answer questions, share suggestions, and collaborate with your peers.
Refer to Cisco Technical Tips Conventions for information on conventions used in this document.