Effectively Deploy Critical Cloud Network Services
The Nexus 1100 Series Cloud Services Platform offers a dedicated hardware platform for the deployment of cloud network services critical to virtualized data center infrastructure.
Features and Capabilities
The Cisco Nexus 1100 Series Cloud Services Platform offers customers several benefits, a few of which are highlighted below.
Simplified Management and Compliance
Placing management and control path elements, such as the Cisco Nexus 1000V Virtual Supervisor Module (VSM), on the Cisco Nexus 1100 Series Cloud Services Platform allows you to manage policies separately from virtualization administrators. This makes it easier to meet compliance and audit requirements, and to reduce administrative errors.
Offloading the VSM to a dedicated platform can deliver scalability and performance improvements to the virtualized data center infrastructure.
Accurate Network Statistics
A virtual services platform close to, but not resident within, the virtualization infrastructure permits a virtual-machine-aware solution such as the Cisco Network Analysis Module to gain accurate network statistics directly from data sources. That includes virtual ports.
The following services are available for the Cisco Nexus 1100 Series Cloud Services Platform:
- Cisco Nexus 1000V Virtual Supervisor Module (VSM) for vSphere
- Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch for Hyper-V
- Cisco Virtual Security Gateway, which provides trusted multitenant access with granular, zone-based, and context-aware security policies
- Cisco Network Analysis Module, which provides accurate network statistics directly from virtual ports and other data sources
- Cisco Data Center Network Manager, which provides VM-aware path analytics and performance monitoring to simplify management of virtualized data centers
Ask Questions, Get Answers
Join the conversation about the Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch.Enter Community