Unified, Cross-Device NetFlow Generation
The Cisco NetFlow Generation Appliance (NGA) 3240 introduces a highly scalable, cost-effective architecture for cross-device flow generation in today's high-performance data centers.
Built-on best-in-class Cisco UCS C220 M3 hardware, the NGA 3240 generates, unifies, and exports flow data, empowering network operations, engineering, and security teams to:
- Achieve operational efficiencies
- Improve services delivery
- Assure billing accuracy
- Harden network security
With leading-edge performance of up to 32 Gbps and a superior active flow cache of up to 80 million entries, the NGA 3240 meets the rigorous performance demands of high-speed data centers. It can rapidly transform packet data gathered from devices across the data center into NetFlow records and exports the flow data to NetFlow collectors, promoting consistent and comprehensive hop-by-hop visibility.
The NGA 3240 supports NetFlow versions 5 and 9 and IP information export (IPFIX), and seamlessly integrates with standards-based collectors, including Cisco Prime Infrastructure. The NGA can export NetFlow records to multiple collectors concurrently, providing a single flow source for business-critical management applications such as security, billing, capacity planning, and more.
The NGA is a part of the Cisco Data Center Architecture and integrates with Unified Fabric products to simplify manageability by helping to enable unified flow visibility across the L2 domain in the data center. The NGA is also a component of the Cisco Prime for IT portfolio. The NGA along with Cisco Prime Network Analysis Module and Cisco Prime Infrastructure help solve customers' assurance challenges, permitting higher levels of service, improved quality of experience, and increased agility in meeting new business demands.
Features and Capabilities
- Simplified set-up and configuration
- Seamlessly fits into the existing environment
- Advanced filters for custom exports to multiple collectors
- Load-balancing and flow replication to increase design efficiency
- Predictable cost model
Specifications at a Glance
- Two Intel Xeon E5-2680 processors
- 48 GB industry-standard double data rate (DDR3) main memory
- Two 1 TB SAS drives
- 4 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet monitoring interfaces
- Customers Reap Operational Benefits with Cisco Unified Fabric and NGA
Learn how customers reduce data center complexity, simplify IT operations and reduce costs.
- Publisher Improves Business Efficiency
Human Kinetics achieves impressive operational improvements with Cisco NGA.
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure
Take advantage of customizable, pre-packaged dashboards for NetFlow analysis.
- Prime Network Analysis Module
Accelerate troubleshooting with combined packet and flow-based analysis.