Flexible, Scalable, Converged Infrastructure
The Cisco UCS 6248UP 48-Port Fabric Interconnect is a core part of the Cisco Unified Computing System. Typically deployed in redundant pairs, the Cisco UCS 6248UP Fabric Interconnects provide uniform access to both networks and storage.
Cisco UCS 6200 Fabric Interconnects promote flexible, scalable convergence. (3:58 min)
Feature and Capabilities
Benefit from a low total cost of ownership (TCO) with enhanced features and capabilities:
- Increased bandwidth up to 960 Gbps
- Higher port density: Up to 48 ports in one rack unit (1RU) including one expansion module with 16 unified ports
- High-performance, flexible, unified ports capable of line-rate, low-latency, lossless 1/10 Gigabit Ethernet, Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE), and 4/2/1 and 8/4/2 Fibre Channel
- Reduced port-to-port latency from 3.2 microseconds to 2 microseconds Fibre Channel
- Centralized unified management with Cisco UCS Manager
- Efficient cooling and serviceability: Front-to-back cooling, redundant front-plug fans and power supplies, and rear cabling
Highly Scalable Architecture
The Fabric Extender architecture architecture scales up to 20 chassis in a single unified system without additional complexity, eliminating dedicated chassis management and blade switches, and reducing cabling.
VM-FEX technology helps enable a consistent operational model and visibility between physical and virtual environments; it simplifies enforcement of security and network policy when moving virtual machines across hosts.
Note: Please contact your Cisco representative for new product orderability and first customer shipment (FCS) timelines.
Unified Computing Makes an Impact
Unified Computing receives industry recognition for leadership, performance benchmarks, and customer success.
Solution Overview: Cisco Unified Computing System (PDF - 3.6 MB)
The Cisco Unified Computing System unites compute, network, storage access, and virtualization into a cohesive system designed to reduce TCO and increase business agility.
Technology Overview of Unified Computing
The Cisco Unified Computing System is built to meet today's demands while being ready to accommodate future technologies.
Accelerate the delivery of new services simply, reliably, and securely through end-to-end provisioning and migration support for both virtualized and non-virtualized systems.
Cisco UCS 6200 Series
(All Cisco UCS 6200 Series Fabric Interconnects At-a-Glance)
(All Cisco UCS 6200 Series Fabric Interconnects Data Sheets)