Manage Cloud Network Services
The dynamic nature of cloud environments requires organizations to apply and enforce frequent changes to networks. These networks can consist of thousands of virtual services elements, such as firewalls, load balancers, routers, and switches, Cisco Virtual Network Management Center (VNMC) simplifies operations with centralized, automated multi-device and policy management.
Features and Capabilities
Cisco Virtual Network Management Center (VNMC) provides centralized multi-device and policy management for Cisco network virtual services. The product addresses the challenge of making frequent changes to complex networks by automating processes, freeing staff to focus on optimizing the network environment. Cisco VNMC supports greater scalability along with standardization and consistent execution of policies.
- Rapid and scalable deployment through dynamic, template-oriented policy management based on security profiles
- Easy operational management through XML APIs to help enable integration with third-party management and orchestration tools
- A nondisruptive administration model that enhances collaboration across security and server teams while maintaining administrative separation and reducing administrative errors
In addition, support for edge firewalls helps to enable:
- Adding and configuring edge firewalls
- Creating and applying edge security profiles that contain access control list (ACL) policy sets (ingress and egress), connection timeout, Network Address Translation (NAT) policy sets, TCP intercept, VPN interface policy sets, and more
- Site-to-site IPsec VPNs
Improve Security and Enhance Collaboration
Cisco VNMC operates in conjunction with the Cisco Nexus 1000V Virtual Supervisor Module (VSM) to improve operations and collaboration across IT. It streamlines the services performed by security, network, and server administrators.
With this solution, the security administrator can author and manage security profiles and Cisco Virtual Security Gateway (VSG) instances through the VNMC programmatic interface with Cisco Nexus 1000V switches. Cisco VSG provides trusted multi-tenant access with granular, zone-based, and context-aware security policies.
Cisco VNMC also manages the Cisco ASA 1000V Cloud Firewall to provide rapid and scalable security at the edge through dynamic, template-oriented policy management.
The network administrator can author and manage port profiles and Cisco Nexus 1000V virtual switches through the programmatic interface with VMware vCenter.
The server administrator can select the appropriate port profile in VMWare vCenter and associate with an instantiated virtual machine. This can done through VNMC XML API support. It facilitates coordination with third-party tools to provision and manage Cisco VSG.
In the coming months, the product will be extended to provide greater hybrid cloud support. Cisco will publish additional information in the quarters ahead regarding its capabilities. In the meanwhile, visit our seminars and webcasts page to learn more about Cisco innovations and VNMC's role in the hybrid cloud.
VNMC Community Site
Customers who have purchased VNMC can watch training videos and communicate with the VNMC team. Visit the VNMC online community for more information.