See the benefits of Cisco Virtual Security Gateway (VSG) on TechWise TV. (5:30 min)
Read Data Sheet
Enhance, Simplify Virtual Security
Network Virtualization Award Winner
See why IT Brand Pulse named Cisco the #1 network virtualization market leader.Get the Details
Achieve regulatory compliance and simplify virtual-environment audit processes with the Cisco Virtual Security Gateway (VSG). Among its advantages, VSG:
- Provides trusted multitenant access with granular, zone-based, and context-aware security policies
- Supports dynamic provisioning of security policies and trust zones during virtual machine instantiation and movement
- Helps reduce errors and promotes collaboration across server and security teams while retaining separate administrative responsibilities
Improve Virtual and Cloud Security Services
Cisco VSG integration with the award-winning Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switches provides the following operational benefits:
- Flexible deployment: Cisco VSG supports both Layer 3 and Layer 2 modes. Additionally, each Cisco VSG protects multiple physical servers.
- Performance acceleration: Cisco VSG offloads packet-intensive processing to the switch to optimize performance.
- High availability: Deploying Cisco VSG in active-standby mode helps ensure high availability.
- Cloud security: Cisco VSG extends zone-based firewalling service to virtual machines on VXLAN through updated segmentation features.
Implementing this virtual security gateway with the Cisco ASA 1000V Cloud Firewall in a virtual multi-tenant data center security solution, provides tenant edge, intra-tenant, and inter-tenant virtual and cloud security.
Cisco Virtual Security Gateway and the ASA 1000V provide complementary functionalities. The Virtual Security Gateway provides virtual machine context-aware and zone-based security capabilities, and ASA 1000V provides tenant edge security and default gateway functionalities. Together, they provide a trusted and comprehensive virtual and cloud security portfolio.
Easily Manage Security
Cisco Virtual Security Gateway and ASA 1000V can be transparently managed and deployed by a centralized management center, the Cisco Virtual Network Management Center.
Choose Your Deployment
You can deploy the Cisco Virtual Security Gateway in one of two ways:
- As a virtual appliance on VMware
- As a virtual service blade on the Cisco Nexus 1010 Virtual Services Appliance
The Cisco Virtual Security Gateway data sheet includes requirements for each deployment option.
Virtual Security Gateway Technical Documentation
- Release Notes
- Reference Guide
- Installation Guide
- Configuration Guide
- License Configuration Guide
- Troubleshooting Guide
- Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switches
- Cisco Nexus 1010 Virtual Services Appliance
- Cisco Virtual Network Management Center
- Cisco ASA 1000V Cloud Firewall
January 2012 IT Brand Pulse Network Virtualization Leader Report
IT Brand Pulse has awarded Cisco the market leadership award for Network Virtualization as a result of their recent survey of top IT professionals. This document shows the results of the IT Brand Pulse survey.
Virtual Security Market Trends
Forrester analysts address the benefits of virtual security solutions.
Ask Questions, Get Answers
Visit Cisco Community Central, and join the conversation about Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switches.
(All Cisco Services Modules At-a-Glance)
(All Cisco Services Modules Case Studies)
(All Cisco Services Modules Data Sheets)
Cisco Virtual Security Gateway for Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switches Data Sheet
(All Cisco Services Modules Q&A)
(All Cisco Services Modules White Papers)