The CiscoView application for Cisco's LightStream® 1010 ATM switch is a graphical user interface (GUI)-based device management application that provides dynamic status, statistics, and configuration information for the LightStream 1010. This application is a subset of the CiscoView application that offers similar features for other switched internetworking products such as Catalyst LAN switches and Cisco routers.
The CiscoView application is also included within CiscoWorks, Cisco's enterprise network management application suite. It displays a physical view of any Cisco device and shows real-time LED and interface status. The CiscoView application provides comprehensive monitoring functions and simplifies basic troubleshooting tasks.
Figure 1. CiscoView for the LightStream 1010
Using the CiscoView application for the LightStream 1010, users can more easily understand the complex management data and configuration parameters available for ATM switches. It organizes this information into graphical representations presented in a clear, consistent format.
The CiscoView application for the LightStream 1010 can be integrated with several of the leading network management platforms, providing management application integration. It can also be run on UNIX workstations as a fully functional, independent LightStream 1010 management application. In addition, it can be launched from the AtmDirector topology map by simply double-clicking on a LightStream 1010 icon.
- Graphically displays a physical view of any LightStream 1010 from a centralized location without visiting each device at remote sites
- Graphical interface shows a continuously updated view of the LightStream 1010's switch fabric, power supplies, fans, and LED status
- Provides easy access to ATM statistics as well as operational and alarm information
- Allows the administrator to perform important ATM configuration tasks, including the creation of permanent virtual connections (PVCs)
- Can be invoked several times to simultaneously view and manage multiple LightStream 1010s
- Can be integrated with the following network management platforms to provide a seamless and powerful system to manage Cisco devices:
|Platform||Operating System||NMS Platform||Version of X Windows|
Figure 2. The CiscoView application for the LightStream 1010 provides network managers with information on status and configuration