Sea of Devices
This video explains how Cisco helps you manage the proliferation of personal devices. (2:35 min)
The Challenge: Bring Your Own Device
While business leaders are embracing increased workforce mobility, network administrators are struggling to protect their networks from new security threats, frequently making decisions about:
- What type of access to allow
- Service level agreements for unmanaged devices
- How to protect company data
Even before considering these types of questions, you need to consider whether your network is ready for the influx of mobility devices. Find out by viewing this webinar and reading the white paper Is Your WLAN Ready for iPad and Cius?
The Solution: Cisco Unified Wired & Wireless Policy and Management
A robust wireless network infrastructure allows for securely connecting devices, optimizes the voice and video experience, and protects overall performance by avoiding interference. It is also a basic component of an architecture that addresses wired and wireless management and policy.
Take the online Air Quality Index Quiz to determine your wireless network’s readiness level.
Bring your own device to work does not necessarily mean that legacy devices will cease to access your network. In fact, the only thing changing is the mix of devices and the number of threats that will need to be managed.
Cisco innovations can address these complex challenges holistically:
- Preparing Your Cisco Unified WLAN for Cisco Cius
- Prepare Your Network for Mobile Devices and Tablets with Cisco Wireless
- Solution Overview: How to Get Any Device, on Any Network Reliably and Securely. (PDF - 362 KB)
- Cisco Prime Network Control System (NCS) : delivers converged user and access management for wired and wireless networks, with complete visibility into endpoint connectivity and wireless lifecycle management
- Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) : centralizes context-aware policy, bringing the who, what, where, when, and how to security, and enforces via TrustSec 2.0.
The Cisco Advantage
This silicon-level intelligence creates a self- healing, self-optimizing wireless network that mitigates the effects of wireless interference.
Provides video everywhere by delivering multicast video efficiently from the wired to the wireless network. Users can expect picture-perfect video over the wireless network.
Access points to fill in coverage holes and help ensure that users receive a signal even in the toughest environments.
Learn more about the advantages of Cisco mobility solutions, and see what analysts are saying about Cisco and the industry:
- Miercom Lab Test Report (PDF - 539 KB)
Miercom provides competitive test results for CleanAir Technology.
- Certified Wireless Network Professional (CWNP) Review (PDF - 2.2 MB)
The CWNP reviews Cisco CleanAir technology.
- Cisco CleanAir Technology White Paper
Learn how to protect your wireless network from RF interference, optimize 802.11n performance, and simplify WLAN operations.
- Total Cost of Ownership Study (PDF - 686 KB)
Farpoint Group analyzes the business case for CleanAir technology.