Step 2. Order the physical appliance or virtual appliance1.
Step 3. Order MSE licenses. (Please select L-MSE-PAK in the Ordering Tool to order Location Services, Advanced Location Services, and WIPS licenses.)
Step 4. Order hardware and software support.
Ordering the Cisco MSE Appliance or Virtual Appliance
The Cisco MSE is available in two options: the MSE 3355 hardware appliance and the MSE Virtual Appliance (software). Table 1 provides an overview of the MSE hardware and virtual appliance SKUs.
Table 1. Cisco MSE Hardware and Software SKUs
Cisco MSE Model
MSE 3355 Appliance
Supports up to 500 access points for Location Services/Advanced Location Services or 5000 access points for Adaptive wIPS.
MSE Virtual Appliance
Supports up to 1000 access points for Location/Advanced Location Services or 10,000 access points for Adaptive wIPS.
Ordering the Cisco MSE Licenses
The Cisco MSE requires a license to be installed for any functionality:
• Cisco Location Services: provides advanced spectrum capability, ability to detect presence and track and trace rogue devices, interferers, Wi-Fi clients and RFID tags.
• Cisco Advanced Location Services: includes Location Services, Location Analytics and Mobile Concierge. Customers can upgrade from Location to Advanced Location services using the upgrade SKU.
• Cisco Adaptive wIPS provides attack and rogue access point detection and mitigation, and has two license options:
– Monitor Mode licenses are based on the number of full-time monitoring access points deployed in the network.
– Enhanced Local Mode licenses are based on the number of local mode (data serving) access points deployed in the network.
Licensing is based on the number of access points in the environment. The licenses are additive.
MSE licenses are available as options under L-MSE-PAK in the Order Tool. Table 2 provides an overview of the MSE license SKUs.
Table 2. Cisco MSE License SKUs
Location Services SKU
Advanced Location Services SKU
Upgrade from Location Services to Advanced Location Services
WIPS Monitor Mode SKUs
WIPS Enhanced Local Mode SKUs
Supports 1 access point
Supports 100 access points
Supports 1000 access points
Cisco Mobility Services Licenses for High Availability
For high availability deployments, you only need to purchase two physical or virtual appliances and one set of license installed on the primary appliance.
Ordering Support for Physical and Virtual Appliances
Select the appropriate level of support. Table 3 lists the Cisco MSE Support SKUs.
Table 3. Cisco MSE Support SKUs
Hardware and licenses support
MSE Virtual Appliance
Software and licenses support
Cisco Service Contract Center
Cisco Service Contract Center, the next generation of service management, helps you increase profitability and efficiency by simplifying the way you manage and sell your Cisco service contracts.
Now Cisco offers one simple and easy-to-use web-based solution for quoting and booking your service orders and managing your service contracts and renewal opportunities. Cisco Service Contract Center helps you enhance your business by allowing you to focus your attention on selling and on serving your customers instead of waiting for reports, searching for information, reconciling prices, reentering quotes, solving problems, and cleaning up contracts.