The Cisco® SGE2000P 24-Port Gigabit Switch (Figure 1) helps maximize system availability, with fully redundant stacking and dual images for resilient firmware upgrades. The switch helps secure the network through IEEE 802.1Q VLANs, IEEE 802.1X port authentication, access control lists (ACL), denial-of-service (DoS) prevention, and MAC-based filtering. The enhanced quality of service (QoS) and traffic-management features help ensure clear and reliable IP voice and video communications.
For wireless or voice over IP (VoIP) deployments, the Cisco SGE2000P supports the IEEE802.3af standard for Power over Ethernet (PoE). Automatic load sensing in the power control circuitry automatically detects PoE on the end device before providing power. For safety, each port has independent overload and short-circuit protection, along with LED indicators for power status. A maximum of 15.4W is available on the Fast Ethernet ports for powering PoE-enabled wireless access points or VoIP handsets, with a maximum per-device PoE delivery of 185W available for all ports.
The Cisco SGE2000P provides an intuitive, secure management interface, enabling network administrators to better utilize its comprehensive management feature set, for a better-optimized and more secure network.
• Twenty-four 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports
• Four Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) slots (shared with four copper ports) for fiber Gigabit Ethernet expansion
• IEEE 802.3af PoE delivered over any of the twenty-four 10/100/1000 copper ports
• Up to 15.4W available on the copper ports for powering PoE-enabled wireless access points or VoIP handsets, with a maximum per-device PoE delivery of 185W available for all ports
UL (UL 60950), CSA (CSA 22.2), CE Mark, FCC Part 15 (CFR 47) Class A
32º to 104ºF (0º to 40ºC)
-4º to 158ºF (-20º to 70ºC)
10% to 90% relative humidity, noncondensing
10% to 95% relative humidity, noncondensing
Number of fans
55 dB Max.
100-240V AC, 50-60 Hz, internal, universal; also equipped with redundant power supply connector for external power supply, 48V DC
• No PoE supplied: 12V at 8.5A (102W)
• 12 ports half power (7.5W):192W
• 12 ports full power (15W): 282W
• 24 ports half power (7.5W): 282W
• Cisco SGE2000P 24-Port Gigabit Switch
• Console cable
• AC power cord
• Rack-mount kit
• Quick installation guide
• Web browser: Mozilla Firefox 1.5 or later, Internet Explorer 5.5 or later, Netscape 7.01 or later
• Category 5 Ethernet network cable
• TCP/IP protocol installed on each computer within the network
• Network adapter installed in each computer
• Network operating system
Limited lifetime warranty with return to factory replacement, one year telephone support and software fixes for the warranty term.
Service & Support
Cisco Small Business switches are backed by the Cisco Small Business Support Service, which provides affordable peace-of-mind coverage. This subscription-based service helps you protect your investment and derive maximum value from Cisco Small Business products. Delivered by Cisco and backed by your trusted partner, this comprehensive service includes software updates, access to the Cisco Small Business Support Center, and expedited hardware replacement.
Cisco Small Business products are supported by professionals in Cisco Small Business Support Center locations worldwide who are specifically trained to understand your needs. The Cisco Small Business Support Community, an online forum, enables you to collaborate with your peers and reach Cisco technical experts for support information.
Cisco Limited Lifetime Hardware Warranty
This Cisco Small Business product offers a limited lifetime hardware warranty with return to factory replacement and a 1-year limited warranty for fans and power supplies. In addition, Cisco offers telephone technical support at no charge for the first 12 months following the date of purchase and software bug fixes for the warranty term. To download software updates, go to: http://www.cisco.com/cisco/web/download/index.html.