High-Performance, Highly Secure Connectivity for the Small Office
The Cisco® RV220W Network Security Firewall lets small offices enjoy secure, reliable, wired and wireless, broadband connectivity - to the Internet, other offices, and employees working remotely. This high-performance wireless router helps improve productivity by providing fast access to the large files and rich media applications your employees use every day.
Designed to provide greater flexibility for highly secure, remote connections, the RV220W supports both IP Security (IPsec) and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) VPN, often referred to as hybrid VPN. IPsec VPN enables other offices to connect just as if they were physically connected to the primary business network. SSL VPN, which allows secure connections through any web browser, is application-specific, offering a means of extending controlled access to business partners and others, without compromising critical data.
To help further safeguard your network and data, the Cisco RV220W includes business-class security features and optional cloud-based Web filtering. Setup is simple, using a browser-based configuration utility and wizards.
Figure 1. Cisco RV220W Network Security Firewall
• High-performance Gigabit Ethernet connections, internally and externally, plus a built-in wireless-N access point, speeds file transfers to improve productivity
• 4-port 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet switch
• Selectable, dual-band wireless radio helps reduce interference to improve wireless performance
• Hybrid VPN (IPsec and SSL VPN) features enable secure access for other offices, employees working remotely, and business partners
• Proven firewall, support for separate virtual networks, and strong wireless security help protect the network and business assets
• Optional Cisco ProtectLink Web security service delivers cloud-based web threat protection for added protection
• Intuitive, browser-based device manager with setup wizards makes installation and use easy
Figure 2 shows the back panel of the Cisco RV220W. Figure 3 shows a typical configuration.
Figure 2. Back Panel of the Cisco RV220W
Figure 3. Typical Configuration
Table 1 lists the product specifications for the Cisco RV220W.
Two detachable antennae with reverse SMA connectors
One fixed internal antenna
Antenna gain in dBi
Two omni-directional antennae with maximum 2 dBi gain
One directional internal antenna with maximum 6.6 dBi gain
• 802.11b: 17.5 dBm +/- 1.5 dBm
• 802.11g: 17.5 dBm +/- 1.5 dBm
• 802.11a: 13.5 dBm +/- 1.5 dBm
• 802.11n: 13.5 dBm +/- 1.5 dBm
• 802.11b: -90 dBm @11 Mbps
• 802.11g: -74 dBm @54 Mbps
• 802.11a: -71 dBm @54 Mbps
• 802.11n: -66 dBm @270 Mbps (2.4 GHz)
• 802.11n: -63 dBm @270 Mbps (5 GHz)
Supports multiple SSIDs, up to 4 separate virtual networks with separate wireless profiles
Wireless VLAN map
Supports SSID to VLAN mapping with wireless client isolation
Wireless multimedia with QoS (802.1e)
Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) power save
Wireless Distribution System (WDS)
Allows wireless signals to be repeated by up to 4 compatible repeaters
Table 3 lists the system specifications for the Cisco RV220W.
Table 3. System Specifications
FCC class B, IC
0º to 40ºC (32º to 104ºF)
-20º to 70ºC (-4º to 158ºF)
10% to 85% noncondensing
5% to 90% noncondensing
Table 4 lists ordering information for the Cisco RV220W.
Table 4. Ordering Information
Cisco RV220W Network Security Firewall ( USA)
Cisco Limited Lifetime Warranty for Cisco Small Business Products
This Cisco Small Business product comes with a limited lifetime hardware warranty with return to factory replacement and a 1-year limited warranty for fans and/or power supplies. In addition, Cisco offers telephone technical support at no charge for the first 12 months following the date of purchase and software bug fixes, as available, for the warranty term. Product warranty terms and other information applicable to Cisco products are available at www.cisco.com/go/warranty.
Cisco Small Business products are supported by professionals in Cisco Small Business Support Center locations worldwide who are specifically trained to understand your needs. The Cisco Small Business Support Community, an online forum, enables you to collaborate with your peers and reach Cisco technical experts for support information.
Cisco Small Business Support Service
The optional Cisco Small Business Support Service offers affordable, 3-year peace-of-mind coverage. This subscription-based, device-level service helps you protect your investment and derive maximum value from Cisco Small Business products. Delivered by Cisco and backed by your trusted partner, this comprehensive service includes software updates, extended access to the Cisco Small Business Support Center, and expedited hardware replacement, should it be required.