The Cisco® Service and Application Module for IP provides high-performance, scalable, distributed service processing for the Cisco 7600 Series Routers (Figure 1). The module enables service providers to deploy, provision, and manage value-added services at the network edge. This innovative service module delivers the most comprehensive set of edge aggregation services for fixed-line and mobile operators worldwide.
Figure 1. Cisco Service and Application Module for IP and Cisco 7600 Series Router
Highly Scalable Architecture
• All Cisco 7600 Series Chassis and 7600 S-Chassis are supported.
• Cisco Service and Application Module for IP is supported in Cisco IOS® Software Release 12.2(33)SRB1 (native) for the Cisco 7600 Series.
• Supported supervisor engines are:
– Supervisor Minimum IOS Software release
– WS-SUP720 12.2(33)SRB
– WS-SUP720-3B 12.2(33)SRB
– WS-SUP720-3BXL 12.2(33)SRB
– WS-SUP32-GE-3B 12.2(33)SRC
– WS-SUP32-10GE-3B 12.2(33)SRC
– WS-RSP720-3C-GE 12.2(33)SRC
– WS-RSP720-3CXL-GE 12.2(33)SRC
– WS-RSP720-3CXL-10GE 12.2SRE
• Single or redundant supervisor engine configurations are supported.
• There is no restriction on other cards (such as service and network modules) on the chassis.
• Cisco Content Services Gateway 2: content-based billing and filtering (available now)
• Cisco Packet Data Serving Node: Code-Division Multiple Access (CDMA) packet gateway
• Cisco Home Agent: mobile IP agent
• Cisco GPRS Gateway Support Node: General Packet Radio Service (GPRS) packet gateway
• Cisco Access Service Network Gateway: WiMAX access router
• Cisco IP Transfer Point: SS7-over-TDM and IP gateway
Key Features and Benefits
• Greater performance: Compared to earlier modules, the Cisco Service and Application Module for IP offers increased performance. This is realized through parallel processing and faster CPUs.
• Integrated module: Installed inside a chassis with enhanced processing and memory capabilities, the module allows increased session density compared to traditional solutions. This is of critical importance where rack space is at a premium.
• Scalability: The flexible Cisco IOS Software-based architecture means that the module will be able to meet future requirements without requiring a system overhaul. Multiple modules can be added to the chassis to meet growing demands.
• Lower cost of ownership: Because the module is integrated in the chassis, there are fewer devices to manage, and capacity can be increased by adding new cards rather than new systems. The module will be the hardware platform for multiple Cisco Service Exchange Framework for Mobile applications, further reducing TCO compared to multiple applications on multiple hardware platforms.
Table 1. Ordering Information
Cisco Service and Application Module for IP
Cisco Service and Application Module for IP (spare)
Table 2. Daughter Card CPU and Memory Specifications
Table 3. Physical Specifications
• CE marking
• EN 55022, 1998, class A
• CISPR22, 1997, class A
• AS/NZS CISPR 22 class A
• CFR47, Part 15, class A
• ICES 003 class A
• VCCI Class A
• EN61000-3-2 Harmonic Current Emission
• EN61000-3-3 Voltage Fluctuation and Flicker
• CE Marking
• CISPR24, ITE-Immunity characteristics, Limits and methods of measurement
• EN 55024, ITE-Immunity characteristics, Limits and methods of measurement
• EN50082-1, Electromagnetic compatibility - Generic immunity standard
• EN 300 386 Telecommunications Network Equipment (EMC)
• EN61000-6-1 Generic Immunity Standard