Secure, high-performance connectivity at a price you can afford.
Figure 1. Cisco RV180 VPN Router (Front Panel)
• Affordable, high-performance Gigabit Ethernet ports allow large file transfers and accommodates media rich applications
• IP Security (IPsec) site-to-site VPN provides highly secure connectivity for remote employees and multiple offices
• Integrated firewall, robust authentication, and access control safeguard sensitive business data
• Easy to set up and use with wizard-based configuration
As business applications become more powerful and complex, they are also increasing demands on your network. To stay productive and keep in touch with customers, business partners, and colleagues, your employees need reliable, high-performance connectivity - inside and outside the office.
The Cisco RV180 VPN Router delivers highly secure broadband connectivity and remote access for multiple offices and remote workers. Designed specifically for small businesses, it delivers a comprehensive combination of business-class features and ease of use in one affordable solution.
The Cisco RV180 features a built-in 4-port Gigabit Ethernet managed switch that lets you connect network devices and transfer files and data at high speed. Intelligent quality of service (QoS) features let you prioritize network traffic to keep critical network applications like voice and video running at their best.
To help you connect remote users or additional offices, the Cisco RV180offers enterprise-class encryption and authentication, including support for IPsec and Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP) VPN client connections and IPsec gateway-to-gateway VPN tunnels.
Easy to set up and use right out of the box, the router features a simple wizard-based configuration to get you up and running in minutes.
With the Cisco RV180 VPN Router, you can take advantage of enterprise-class performance, security, and reliability - at a price your small business can afford.
• Built-in 4-port Gigabit managed switch delivers faster data transfer for bandwidth-intensive applications
• Sophisticated QoS prioritizes network traffic for demanding voice, video, and data applications
• IPSec VPN tunneling support lets you extend secure network connectivity to remote offices and users with advanced encryption and authentication
• Separate virtual network support helps enable secure guest access and helps safeguard sensitive data
• IPv6 support lets you employ future networking applications and operating systems without costly upgrades
• Browser-based setup and configuration wizards help enable fast, simple deployment
• Smooth, tested interoperability with other Cisco networking products makes it easy to add switches, phone and voice, and video surveillance
Figure 2. Cisco RV180 VPN Router (Back Panel)
Figure 3. Typical Configuration for Cisco RV180 VPN Router
Table 1 lists the specifications of the Cisco RV180 VPN Router.
• 802.1p port-based priority on LAN port, application-based priority on WAN port
• 4 queues
• Differentiated Services Code Point support (DSCP)
• Class of Service (CoS)
• Bandwidth Management for service prioritization
Jumbo Frame Support
• Supports Jumbo Frame on Gigabit ports-at least 1536B
IPsec VPN Throughput
Web User Interface
Simple, browser-based configuration (HTTP/HTTPS)
Web browser, Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) v3, Bonjour, Universal Plug and Play (UPnP)
Local, syslog, email alerts
Ping, Traceroute, and DNS Lookup
Firmware upgradable through web browser, imported/exported configuration file
Supports NTP, daylight savings, manual entry
GUI supports English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Japanese
FCC class B, CE, IC, Wi-Fi
0° to 40°C (32° to 104°F)
-20° to 70°C (-4° to 158°F)
10 to 85 percent noncondensing
5 to 90 percent noncondensing
Table 2.Ordering Information
Cisco RV180 VPN Router (Australia & New Zealand)
Cisco RV180 VPN Router (Japan)
Cisco RV180 VPN Router (China)
Cisco RV180 VPN Router (Europe, Emerging, Asia)
Cisco RV180 VPN Router (U.S, Canada and LATAM)
Cisco Limited Lifetime Warranty for Cisco Small Business Series Products
This Cisco Small Business product comes with limited lifetime hardware warranty for complete peace of mind. Product warranty terms and other information applicable to Cisco products are available at www.cisco.com/go/warranty.
Cisco Small Business Support Service
This optional service offers affordable, 3-year peace-of-mind coverage. This subscription-based, device-level service helps you protect your investment and derive maximum value from Cisco Small Business products. Delivered by Cisco and backed by your trusted partner, this comprehensive service includes software updates, extended access to the Cisco Small Business Support Center, and expedited hardware replacement, should it be required.