Q. What is Cisco® Unified Service Statistics Manager (USSM)?
A. Cisco USSM is part of the Cisco Unified Communications Management Suite and provides advanced statistics analysis and reporting capabilities for Cisco Unified Communications deployments. Cisco Unified Service Statistics Manager is an easy to use web-based software product that features a variety of advanced reports for executive, operations, and capacity planning functions. Cisco USSM provides both predefined reports as well as customizable reports that provide visibility into key aspects including call volume, service availability, call quality, resource utilization, and capacity across the Cisco Unified Communications deployment, including across multiple Cisco® Communications Manager clusters, gateways, and related devices and systems. It allows users to view information based on network, service, business, and user criteria and to define service-level agreement (SLA) constructs as well as measure and verify them based on collected Unified Communications statistics. Customizable report templates and automatic report invocation and scheduling provide users with a great deal of flexibility.
Q. What are the key types of reports provided by Cisco Unified Service Statistics Manager?
A. Cisco Unified Service Statistics Manager provides a variety of reports for Cisco Unified Communications deployments for executive, operations, and capacity planning personnel. These include:
• Call volume, call duration, service availability, service quality, call completion, and mean opinion score (MOS) reports across multiple Cisco Communications Manager clusters, with drill-down capabilities into specific clusters and time periods
• A variety of top-N reports based on calls, users, endpoints, and other entities in the Cisco Unified Communications deployment
• Gateway and trunk traffic and utilization reports over time, with capacity trending and drill-down capabilities
• Call failure analysis reports over time, with cause code drill down
• Top-N upgrade and downgrade candidates reports for capacity planning and trending
• IP telephony testing reports, including IP SLA test results over time
• A variety of exception and operations reports, including most frequently dialed numbers, N longest calls, and calls to specified number, among others
• A variety of SLA reports, including SLA capacity trends, SLA compliance history, SLA executive summary, SLA health summary, and others
Q. What is new in Cisco Unified Service Statistics Manager 1.1?
A. New features in Cisco Unified Service Statistics Manager 1.1 include:
• Coverage for the Cisco® Unified Communications 7.0 release of supported devices and applications
• Support for customizing call categories and associated labels for analysis and reporting
• Support for long-term reports based on call quality data from Cisco 1040 Sensors
• Support for additional attributes in trunk and gateway reports
• The ability to launch Cisco® Unified Operations Manager and Cisco® Unified Service Monitor applications through user interface integration
Q. How does Cisco Unified Service Statistics Manager relate to Cisco Unified Operations Manager and Cisco Unified Service Monitor?
A. Cisco Unified Service Statistics Manager integrates with Cisco Unified Operations Manager and Cisco Unified Service Monitor and uses the wealth of data collected by these applications. Cisco Unified Service Statistics Manager utilizes operational, troubleshooting, usage, and call detail data from these two products and generates a variety of reports based on analysis and trending of the data. Cisco Unified Service Statistics Manager does not deploy any agent software on the underlying devices in the Cisco Unified Communications deployment and thus is completely nondisruptive to system operations.
Q. How is the Premium edition different from the Standard edition of Cisco Unified Service Statistics Manager 1.1?
A. The Premium edition of Cisco Unified Service Statistics Manager 1.1 includes all the features licensed in the Standard edition of the product. In addition, the Premium edition includes features to create SLAs (Service Level Agreements) and generate SLA reports.
Q. What are the minimum system requirements for Cisco Unified Service Statistics Manager 1.1?
A. Table 1 lists the minimum system requirements of Cisco Unified Service Statistics Manager.
Table 1. System Requirements
Up to 1,000 Phones
Up to 30,000 Phones
• Intel Pentium or Xeon processor equal to or greater than 2 GHz or
• AMD Opteron processor equal to or greater than 2 GHz
• Dual Intel Pentium or Xeon processor equal to or greater than 3.5 GHz or
• Dual AMD Opteron processor equal to or greater than 3.5 GHz
36-GB hard disk, 4-GB swap file
72-GB hard disk, 8-GB swap file
100-Mbps network interface card (NIC)
Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 2, Standard or Enterprise Edition
For More Information
For more information about Cisco Unified Service Statistics Manager 1.1, please visit http://www.cisco.com/go/cussm or contact your local account representative.