Q. What is Cisco® Mobile Wireless Transport Manager (MWTM) 6.1.6?
A. Cisco® MWTM network management software provides monitoring and management capabilities to the Cisco IP Radio Access Network (IP RAN), Global Systems for Mobile Communications (GSM) Radio Access Network (RAN) Optimization solution, Cisco IP Transfer Point (ITP) networks, and Cisco Mobile Internet Infrastructure networks. Cisco MWTM addresses the element-management requirements of mobile operators and provides fault, configuration, and troubleshooting capability as mobile operators make the transition from first-generation, fixed leased-line networks to a converged IP-based infrastructure. For more information on the Cisco IP next-generation networks for mobile operators, please visit http://www.cisco.com/go/mobile.
Q. What are the essential features and benefits of Cisco MWTM 6.1.6?
A. Table 1 lists the essential features and benefits.
Table 1. Cisco Mobile WirelessTransport Manager Features and Benefits
Performs real-time updates of any system changes, such as inventory, events, and performance counters
Accelerates time to service by providing GUI-based editing while reducing errors by checking syntax and semantics before deploying to the Cisco Mobile Wireless devices
Real-time event monitoring
• Allows the operator to immediately view events
• Greatly reduces time to resolution (TTR) by quickly identifying and resolving events
• Improves network serviceability by allowing operators to proactively assess the Cisco Mobile Wireless devices' readiness and general health
• Facilitates easier network problem identification and troubleshooting
• Increases productivity
• Eliminates out-of-sync environments between upstream systems and Cisco MWTM
• Networkwide understanding of the current state of the Cisco Mobile Wireless devices
• Provides northbound Extensible Markup Language (XML) APIs over Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) for provisioning, events, and inventory management
Automatic device inventory
• Accelerates time to service by eliminating the need for operators to manually enter the Cisco network inventory list
• Reduces complexity because Cisco MWTM abstracts the specifics of each Cisco network element version (for example, Simple Network Management Protocol [SNMP] and command-line interface [CLI] semantics)
Web-based historical performance reporting
• Facilitates capacity planning
• Offers industry-standard HTML access
• Provides detailed physical and logical connection overview of the Cisco RAN Optimization and Cisco ITP networks
• Displays end-to-end events represented in topology, allowing quick identification of problems between multiple network elements
• Facilitates troubleshooting by helping to easily identify relationships between Cisco network elements
System security and user account management
• Increases system security to restrict and protect certain potentially disruptive Cisco MWTM features to the network or to the application itself
• Helps maintain system integrity by preventing accidental or malicious operations from unauthorized users
Q. What equipment is managed by Cisco MWTM 6.1.6?
A. Table 2 lists the routers and software releases that Cisco MWTM supports.
Table 2. Managed Devices
IP RAN and RAN Optimization
Cisco Mobile Wireless Edge Router (MWR-2941)
Cisco Mobile Wireless Edge Router (MWR-1941)
Cisco 3825 Router
Cisco ONS 15454
Cisco ONS RAN Service Module (ONS-RAN-SVC)
Cisco 7600 Router
Cisco 2650 and 2651 Multiservice Routers (low end)
Cisco 2811 Multiservice Routers (low end)
Cisco 7204VXR and 7206VXR Routers (midrange)
Cisco 7301 Router (midrange)
Cisco 7507 and 7513 Routers (high end)
Cisco 7600 Routes (high end)
Cisco 7600 Router with WS-SVC-SAMI-BB-K9 (high end)
Cisco Database for Telecommunications
Cisco WiMAX Broadband Wireless Gateway
Cisco Content Service Gateway
Cisco Home Agent
Cisco Serving Gateway
Cisco Packet Data Network Gateway
For a Cisco IOS® Software compatibility matrix please refer to the MWTM Release Notes.
Q. Where can I find additional information about Cisco MWTM 6.1.6?
Q. Does Cisco MWTM integrate with any upstream or northbound OSS applications?
A. Yes, Cisco MWTM integrates with applications such as HP OpenView, IBM Tivoli Netcool, and Cisco Info Center using SNMP, ASCII-based file access, and XML/SOAP northbound APIs.
Ordering and Fulfillment Information
Q. How do I order Cisco Mobile Wireless Transport Manager 6.1.6?
A. Cisco MWTM 6.1.6 is available for purchase through regular Cisco sales and distribution channels worldwide.
To place an order, visit the Cisco Ordering Homepage.
Q. Are software support contracts available, and how are they ordered?
A. Yes. You can purchase a one-year Software Application Support (SAS) contract that provides Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) support, access to software maintenance patches on Cisco.com Software Center, and Cisco MWTM minor update releases.