Cisco Prime™ Network Registrar Jumpstart is a high-performing hardware appliance for Domain Name System (DNS) and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) services. The solution combines the speed, scalability, and reliability of Cisco Prime Network Registrar world-class DHCP and DNS servers with the ease of deployment of an appliance format and the high performance of Cisco® server hardware.
• Cisco Prime Network Registrar DNS: A single, standards-compliant DNS server for IP address translation and service delivery that supports both IPv4 and IPv6 as well as high availability DNS. Cisco Prime Network Registrar DNS comes preinstalled and preconfigured on the appliance.
• Cisco Prime Network Registrar DHCP: A single, standards-compliant DHCP server for device network access that supports both IPv4 and IPv6. Cisco Prime Network Registrar DHCP is scalable, fast, and powerful and includes support for DHCP failover and a patent-pending discriminating rate limiter for avalanche protection to limit downtime after network outages. The full-featured DHCPv6 server provides support for address assignment, both stateless and stateful configuration, and prefix delegation for full IPv6 address management. Powerful, industry-leading extension support for both IPv4 and IPv6 allows network operators to alter and customize DHCP server operations, improving network security, network performance, and third-party application integration. Cisco Prime Network Registrar DHCP comes preinstalled and preconfigured on the appliance.
• Cisco Unified Computing System™ (Cisco UCS™) C200 M2: High-density, two-socket, one rack-unit (RU) rack-mount server built for production-level network infrastructure, web services, and mainstream data center, branch, and remote-office applications.
• VMware ESXi: VMware virtualization technology preinstalled on the server.
Features and Benefits
• Fast and easy to implement: The preconfigured server and the preinstalled software allow for a fast and easy deployment as well as low startup costs. DNS and DHCP services can be immediately turned on, configured, and integrated into the network service for fast time to value. All from one vendor, on one box - and the entire solution is supported by Cisco.
• Hardware superior scale and performance: The Cisco UCS C200 M2 server is designed to meet the needs of customers that choose to deploy rack-mount servers and provides a high performance solution. The Cisco UCS series employs Cisco technology to help customers handle the most challenging workloads and includes powerful Intel processor technology. The one RU rack-mount server is designed to balance simplicity, performance, and density and to help ensure adequate scalability for today and tomorrow.
• Hardware compact size: The appliance runs on compact hardware - saving equipment rack space and reducing power and cooling costs and helping enable organizations to lower their TCO and build an environmentally friendly infrastructure.
• Grows with the business: The appliance will ship with 1000 permanent IP node licenses. Customers will be able to buy additional licenses to support up to 500,000 IP nodes with this single Cisco UCS server.
Table 1. Ordering Information
Cisco UCS C200 M2 Server with Network Registrar Software and VMware
Service and Support
About Cisco Prime
For More Information