Problems with the Phone Device Ringing the Phone for Playback or Recording of a Voice Message
Use the troubleshooting information in this section if the phone device either does not ring the phone, or rings the phone only once for playback or recording of voice messages:
- Phone numbers of different lengths are configured on the phone system, causing the phone system to wait for additional digits— If your site uses phone numbers that vary in length (for example, some users have five-digit numbers and others have four-digit numbers) this can cause a slight delay of approximately two seconds before the call is connected.
The reason for the delay is that the phone system waits to determine that the entire phone number has been dialed before it connects the call.
- The phone number dialed by the Media Master is not the expected number —Confirm that the active phone number specified in the Media Master is correct. To do this, check the Active Phone Number value for the Primary Extension or Other Number in the Playback & Recording Options window for the Media Master.
- The Media Master software is not updated after a Cisco Unity Connection server upgrade —If the Media Master software is not updated, this is usually caused by the Java plugin not reloading the Media Master files from Cisco Unity Connection, and instead using the locally-cached versions of the files. If this happens, you can manually update the Media Master software. Do the To Update the Media Master Software.
- No phone system is designated to handle TRAP connections —By default, the first phone system that is integrated with Unity Connection is designated to handle TRAP connections for the Media Master. If this phone system is replaced by another integration, the new phone system might not be designated to handle TRAP connections.
When a phone system is not designated to handle TRAP connections, the following error appears.
Could not establish a phone conversation.
The server reports the following:
Description: Cannot find a switch to route the call
Follow the steps in the To Designate a Phone System to Handle TRAP Connections section.
To Update the Media Master Software
Step 1 Close all browser windows.
Step 2 Depending on your operating system, do one of the following:
- For Windows 2000 and later, start the Java control panel by selecting Start > Settings > Control Panel > Java.
- For Red Hat Linux and Mac OSX, start the Java control panel found in $JAVA_HOME\bin\ControlPanel.
Step 3 On the General page, under Temporary Internet Files, select Delete Files.
This clears the cached files. The Media Master resource files are downloaded the next time you visit a Cisco PCA or Cisco Unity Connection Administration page that contains the Media Master.
To Designate a Phone System to Handle TRAP Connections
Step 1 In Cisco Unity Connection Administration, expand Telephony Integrations , then select Phone System .
Step 2 On the Search Phone Systems page, select the name of the phone system that you want to handle TRAP connections.
Step 3 On the Phone System Basics page, check the Default TRAP Switch check box and select Save .