Troubleshooting Licensing in Cisco Unity Connection 10.x
See the following sections:
Troubleshooting Problems with Licenses
When a Cisco Unity Connection feature stops working, when Cisco Unity Connection Administration displays an alert concerning a license violation, or when Unity Connection stops functioning every 24 hours, use the following task list to determine whether the cause is a license violation. Following are the tasks to confirm that there are not multiple license violations:
1. Check if there are unused licensed seats for the applicable Unity Connection feature. To view the licenses that are used currently, see the "Managing Licenses in Cisco Unity Connection" chapter of the Install, Upgrade, and Maintenance Guide for Cisco Unity Connection Release 10.x at http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/10x/install_upgrade/guide/10xcuciumgx/10xcuciumg060.html. To view the unused licenses on the ELM server, see the "Dashboard view" section of the ELM user guide.
2. Check if Unity Connection is not running in "Expire" mode.
3. If you need to add a licensed feature when Unity Connection is running in "Expire" mode.
The following are different licensing problems that may occur in Unity Connection 10.x and their solutions:
License Violation Status Appears on Cisco Unity Connection Administration
If Unity Connection is registered with the ELM sever and the license violation status is displayed on the Cisco Unity Connection Administration, do the following:
- Confirm that a valid license file for the Unity Connection features is installed on the ELM server.
- Confirm that the status of the licensed feature on the ELM server is "Compliance" for all the Unity Connection license tags.
Loss of Connectivity Warning Appears on Cisco Unity Connection Administration for Publisher Server
If the "Loss of Connectivity" warning appears on Cisco Unity Connection Administration for publisher server.
Loss of Connectivity Warning Appears on Cisco Unity Connection Administration for Subscriber Server
If the "Loss of Connectivity" warning appears on Cisco Unity Connection Administration for subscriber server, do the following:
- Check the network connectivity of Unity Connection on the subscriber server with the ELM server.
- Check the network connectivity of the subscriber server with the publisher server.
Unity Connection Not Answering Calls After License Status Changes from “Expire” to “Compliance”
If Unity Connection is not answering calls after the license status changes from “Expire” to “Compliance”, restart the system to resolve the problem.
SpeechView Services are Not Working
If the SpeechView services are not working on Unity Connection, confirm whether the Unity Connection is configured with the ELM server.