Evolution of Mobility Technology
See how mobility standards have evolved over five decades.
Cisco Mobile BackHaul: Open, Programmable, Cloud-ready
Mobile service providers seek a new approach to address the increasing traffic demands. They require solutions that can help them to:
- Lower operational expenditures
- Improve Time to Revenue and Average Revenue per User (ARPU)
- Profitably transport the massive increase in user bandwidth
- Provide ultra-HD video, virtual reality, and tactile internet services anywhere, anytime, to any Internet-enabled device
Cisco® Mobile Backhaul Solution combines best of class Mobile & IP technologies to provide a simplified programmable transport of Mobile services using High performance platforms. A converged IP/MPLS architecture greatly increases service agility and decreases Time-to-Revenue. With an Agile, open, and virtualized architecture supporting open standards, and programmatic APIs for services orchestration, the Cisco Mobile Backhaul Solution is "SDN ready" today.
Simplified Programmable Transport
- Application-Enabled Routing (AER) to customize routing to the application traffic
- Microwave Adaptive Code Modulation (ACM)-aware routing
- Autonomic Networking including automatic device discovery and zero-touch provisioning
- Fewer truck rolls
- Up to 70 percent reduction in operating expenses
High Performance Platforms for Converged Architectures
- Suitable for Carrier Ethernet and mobile xHaul solutions
- High density Ethernet platforms offering market-leading 100 Gbps scale and performance
Agile, Open, Virtualized Architecture
- Open standard (NECONTF,YANG) programmability for services orchestration
- Software-Defined Networking (SDN) ready with Open Daylight (ODL) controller-based architecture
- Network virtualization (nV) technology for multi-terabit scale
Investment Protection for 5G Transition
- Agile, Carrier Ethernet-controlled, scalable architecture from network core to cell site
- Feature parity across platforms and Cisco validated designs to eliminate risks with new deployments
- Full feature set and flexible security gateways for distributed and virtualized deployments
Comprehensive legacy Time Division Multiplexing (TDM) capabilities for smooth migration of legacy transport to Ethernet
Mobile Backhaul Products and Solutions
- Cisco ASR 9000 Series Aggregation Services Routers
Get more efficient 2G and 3G services with Cisco Mobile Wireless Routers and other RAN optimization solutions.
- Cisco ASR 900 Series Aggregation Service Routers
This modular aggregation platform delivers cost-effective converged mobile, residential, and business services.
- Cisco ASR 901 Series Aggregation Services Routers
Optimize, aggregate, and transport mixed-generation RAN traffic over T1, E1, Carrier Ethernet, MPLS, and IP transport networks.
- Cisco ASR 920 Series Aggregation Services Routers
This full-featured converged-access platform provides a comprehensive and scalable set of Layer 2 and Layer 3 VPN services in a compact package.